Battle of the Books: Physical vs. Digital

Kesha

As if you need an excuse to indulge in some escapism and binge-read your favorite books—today is National Read a Book Day! 

So, how do you prefer to enjoy your favorite reads? Do you love the feel of a physical book in your hands, or are you all about the convenience of an ebook?

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, lalitsdmittal said:

Physical only.

Physical books are a classic! Can't go wrong there. 

37 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

My physical book collection is very large, so I am forced to go either with audiobooks or digital...

Haha. Oh, I completely forgot about audiobooks. I would vote for physical copies, but with audiobooks entering the fight, they might take the crown! 

• Like 6

Over the past two years, I've developed a strong book-reading hobby, with about 80% of the books I've read being physical copies.

I find reading paper books more relaxing, though digital ones are more affordable.

(I hate sharing my books (paper))

• Like 6

On 9/6/2024 at 6:38 PM, wp_kid said:

Over the past two years, I've developed a strong book-reading hobby, with about 80% of the books I've read being physical copies.

I find reading paper books more relaxing, though digital ones are more affordable.

(I hate sharing my books (paper))

Yes, I can see that. Paper books feel like the prefect chance to unplug from such a hyper-digital world! 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 9/7/2024 at 12:31 PM, vickiespencer said:

I like audiobooks because I can listen while working around home and in my garden. I also listen to them while I run errands and shop for groceries. 

Good point! Being able to enjoy the book while still getting important things done makes audiobooks a great option.

• Like 4

I really enjoy reading from the physical copy... It feels so relaxed to be away from screen, yet consuming content but in a more structured way without any distractions. Plus the feel of paper whenever you turn the page physically connects you with the content and its writer again and again... 

• Like 4

I switched to audiobooks exclusively to relieve stress on my eyes (I have inherited sight deterioration issues). 

I collect illustrated physical books, though, both regular and pop up. It’s just such an exciting art form to me. The way the style has to match the story, the way you have to intertwine and design around the paragraphs of text, etc. It’s like designing a presentation except cool and not soul-crushing. 

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 2