Succes score

leonmladin

Question

I was wondering if a lower success score has a bad impact on how many orders you get! Because someone asked for a big revision! The person was nice so I agreed to help him anyway, the only problem is that we needed to extend the order! We did, but I think the success score dropped to 7 because of that! What do you think? 

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, leonmladin said:

Because someone asked for a big revision! The person was nice so I agreed to help him anyway, the only problem is that we needed to extend the order! We did, but I think the success score dropped to 7 because of that! What do you think? 

Hi @leonmladin - Did the client ask for a revision or for an order extension? Or both?

As long as the buyer is on board with an order extension and any gig extras, it shouldn't negatively affect you. I've never been penalized for any order extension. Even now, I have an order that's been extended for 2 months now because the buyer is waiting on third-party information. However, order extensions can negatively impact you if extensions are made last minute, without communication with the buyer, or if the buyer is surprised or unhappy with how the order is progressing and any changes made.

Revision requests have a greater chance of negatively impacting your Success Score because the buyer isn't ready to accept your delivery for whatever reason. Some of those reasons (if selected by the buyer) are very serious and can put your account under review (e.g., low quality, empty/partial delivery, etc.). Buyers can also mention dissatisfaction with the delivery or they can simply state that they want to request a revision.

Check your gigs to see the 2-3 key areas influencing your Success Score - client satisfaction, effective communication, conflict-free orders, delivery times, and value for the money are some key areas that may be impacted by a revision request and/or an order extension. Looking at these key areas for each gig as well as your order history can give you greater insight into what may be bringing your score down to a 7.

It sounds like your buyer was nice and happy, so there may be other factors affecting the score. Maybe it was the timing of the order extension or the level/frequency of communication. Or maybe it wasn't this order - you may have fewer orders now or a recent negative order factored into your Success Score,  so the negative may be augmented.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks for the great information you provided! I now see what the problem was. The order was completed before he accepted the extended time, from what I remember. That could be the issue—the order was already due before he accepted. I didn’t notice because it was nighttime on my side. Also, do you know by any chance what the maximum time allowed is in order to avoid affecting the success score?

Edited by leonmladin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, leonmladin said:

I now see what the problem was. The order was completed before he accepted the extended time, from what I remember. That could be the issue—the order was already due before he accepted.

Hi @leonmladin - If you've delivered the order before the order extension was accepted by the buyer (or auto accepted by the system), that's a problem, because that would now be considered a late delivery. 

However, if you've made the order extension request before the due date and the buyer accepts it after the due date, as long as the new due date isn't expired, you should be okay.

3 hours ago, leonmladin said:

Also, do you know by any chance what the maximum time allowed is in order to avoid affecting the success score?

Once you've made an order extension request, do not deliver the order until the order extension request is accepted by the buyer or auto accepted by the system (2 days after the order extension request is made). This means you should set your new delivery date out at least 3 days or more to avoid another late delivery. Give yourself plenty of time to deliver the new order and always deliver before the due date (at least 12 hours or earlier to be considered "delivering early" by the system).

The hardest thing is waiting for the order extension to be accepted - sometimes you'll request the delivery date to be extended and then finish the project a few hours later, and you still have to wait a day or two before the order extension request is accepted before delivering the order. To avoid this, you might want to make the order extension request when the buyer is available so that you both can sit down at the same time, send out the request, and get it accepted within a few minutes of each other. Then you can focus on your order and deliver it as soon as it's ready.

• Like 3