How to identify between real and fake buyers?

nyy_nicole

Question

Hi Fiverr community, I am a newbie here on this platform and almost fell for scammers, I got my first order and gave them my email address because I didn't know you can place an order without it, they sent an email asking me for my card information, that's when I knew it was a scam. Luckily I did not provide my card information and enable 2 factor verification. Can anyone kindly let me know the detailed process of an authentic buyer placing an order, the payment process etc? Thanks in advance 🙏

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, nyy_nicole said:

Hi Fiverr community, I am a newbie here on this platform and almost fell for scammers, I got my first order and gave them my email address because I didn't know you can place an order without it, they sent an email asking me for my card information, that's when I knew it was a scam. Luckily I did not provide my card information and enable 2 factor verification. Can anyone kindly let me know the detailed process of an authentic buyer placing an order, the payment process etc? Thanks in advance 🙏

You can read about it here: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010543477-Receiving-an-Order

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nyy_nicole said:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/331471-how-to-avoid-getting-scammed-on-fiverr-a-comprehensive-guide-for-sellers/