Where Are the Limits on Revisions?

jorgetukuy

Question

I’ve been thinking about the purpose of setting a specific number of revisions when making an offer to a client on Fiverr. What’s the point if the platform doesn’t actually enforce it? I’ve encountered situations where clients request unlimited revisions, regardless of what was agreed upon in the offer.

Fiverr should limit clients to the number of revisions specified in the offer. Otherwise, what’s the purpose of having to fill in that number? It feels like it’s just for show if there’s no system in place to back it up.

Additionally, I’ve come across clients who even ask for revisions on things that are outside the initial agreements. This means the revisions aren’t even for correcting any mistakes I’ve made. What are your thoughts?

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

What you mention happens to quite a few sellers. Fortunately, I have only experienced this very rarely.

The best thing you can do is cancel the order and bear the consequences. If you continue to give in, the seller in question will demand more and more.

In my order description, I give "1 small revision" for free. Sometimes I give 2 or 3, depending on which buyer it is. And they will also be small revisions. I will never do big time-consuming revisions for free.

With many of my "repeat buyers," I even do small revisions when the order has been completed for a while. I know these buyers will return to me for their next order, so spending a short time to adjust something small is not a problem in this case.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

What you mention happens to quite a few sellers. Fortunately, I have only experienced this very rarely.

The best thing you can do is cancel the order and bear the consequences. If you continue to give in, the seller in question will demand more and more.

In my order description, I give "1 small revision" for free. Sometimes I give 2 or 3, depending on which buyer it is. And they will also be small revisions. I will never do big time-consuming revisions for free.

With many of my "repeat buyers," I even do small revisions when the order has been completed for a while. I know these buyers will return to me for their next order, so spending a short time to adjust something small is not a problem in this case.

I find this situation unfair because if we do not accept the extra revisions, we run the risk of receiving negative feedback and potentially losing the payment for the work we've done. Meanwhile, these types of clients, in extreme cases of being penalized or banned from the platform, can easily create another account and continue their problematic behavior. On the other hand, sellers cannot do the same; to grow and build a reputation, we need to make a significant number of sales.

• Support 1

I agree with that.

What I have seen on the forum for years is that something like this happens more often with sellers with low prices. I am not saying that it cannot happen with high-priced gigs, but the examples that appear on the forum now and then do show that very low-priced gigs are a magnet for scammers and "bad" buyers.