Urgent Help Needed: Client Canceled Order After Delivery

namrata_dutta

Question

Hi Fiverr Community,

I'm facing a challenging situation with a client who has canceled their order after delivery. I'm reaching out for your advice on how to proceed.

Here's a brief overview of the situation:

• Unclear Requirements: The client initially ordered a book cover without a clear understanding of what they wanted.
  • Story Request: When I asked about the story to create a suitable cover, they requested that I read the first chapter to determine the theme.
  • Multiple Deliverables: I delivered four book covers instead of the agreed-upon two.
  • Revision Requests: The client was unsatisfied with the designs and requested changes, but couldn't articulate specific preferences.
  • Cancellation: Despite my efforts to understand their needs and offer revisions, the client has insisted on canceling the order.

My Delivery Deadline is Approaching: With less than 9 hours until the delivery deadline, I'm unsure how to proceed. I've rejected the cancellation and requested more specific feedback, but the client remains adamant.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to handle this situation. Has anyone faced a similar issue before? What steps should I take to protect my reputation and ensure a positive outcome?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards, Namrata

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 answers to this question

Hi Fiverr Community,

I'm facing a challenging situation with a client who has canceled their order twice. The delivery timer is still running, and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Here's a recap of the situation:

• Initial Order: The client initially ordered a book cover without a clear understanding of what they wanted.
  • Story Request: When I asked about the story to create a suitable cover, they requested that I read the first chapter to determine the theme.
  • Multiple Deliverables: I delivered four book covers instead of the agreed-upon two.
  • Revision Requests: The client was unsatisfied with the designs and requested changes, but couldn't articulate specific preferences.
  • Multiple Cancellations: Despite my attempts to address their concerns and offer revisions, the client has canceled the order twice.

My Concerns:

• Delivery Timer: The delivery timer is still active, and I'm worried about the potential negative impact on my profile if I don't deliver on time.
  • Client Feedback: I'm concerned about the possibility of negative feedback from the client, which could harm my reputation on Fiverr.

Request for Advice:

I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to handle this situation. Should I accept the cancellation, or should I continue to work on the project in hopes of resolving the issue? What are the potential consequences of both actions?

Thank you for your help and support.

Best regards, Namrata

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, namrata_dutta said:

Hi Fiverr Community,

I'm facing a challenging situation with a client who has canceled their order after delivery. I'm reaching out for your advice on how to proceed.

Here's a brief overview of the situation:

• Unclear Requirements: The client initially ordered a book cover without a clear understanding of what they wanted.
  • Cancellation: Despite my efforts to understand their needs and offer revisions, the client has insisted on canceling the order.

My Delivery Deadline is Approaching: With less than 9 hours until the delivery deadline, I'm unsure how to proceed. I've rejected the cancellation and requested more specific feedback, but the client remains adamant.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to handle this situation. Has anyone faced a similar issue before? What steps should I take to protect my reputation and ensure a positive outcome?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards, Namrata

Very sad 😞

I think Fiverr support team and @Lena can help you for exact solution

• Like 5
  • Support 1

1 hour ago, atulcodex said:

Very sad 😞

I think Fiverr support team and @Lena can help you for exact solution

Thank you for your understanding and support. I've already reached out to @Lena, but I'm still waiting for a response.

I'm hoping they can provide some guidance on how to proceed in this situation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, namrata_dutta said:

Hi Fiverr Community,

I'm facing a challenging situation with a client who has canceled their order twice. The delivery timer is still running, and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Here's a recap of the situation:

• Initial Order: The client initially ordered a book cover without a clear understanding of what they wanted.
  • Multiple Cancellations: Despite my attempts to address their concerns and offer revisions, the client has canceled the order twice.

My Concerns:

• Delivery Timer: The delivery timer is still active, and I'm worried about the potential negative impact on my profile if I don't deliver on time.
  • Client Feedback: I'm concerned about the possibility of negative feedback from the client, which could harm my reputation on Fiverr.

Request for Advice:

I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to handle this situation. Should I accept the cancellation, or should I continue to work on the project in hopes of resolving the issue? What are the potential consequences of both actions?

Thank you for your help and support.

Best regards, Namrata

It seems like buyer was just 'giving it a try by placing an order', so they could figure out what they are really seeking/need/want. And now it seems like buyer has made up their mind to cancel the order. 

There isn't much you can do except allowing the cancellation. We all have encountered such buyers in the past and keep stumbling across them once in a while.

The more this thing gets dragged, the more it will hurt your account. Also, after delivery counter is over - the cancellation button will get activated at buyer's end. So they will anyway use it to cancel the order. 

I hope you have NOT DELIVERED the order, this might just save you from receiving bad public rating for the cancelled order.  

Just send the cancellation request and be done with it. It's not worth it. Cancellation will hurt your gig's performance but you will recover in long term. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, priyank_mod said:

It seems like buyer was just 'giving it a try by placing an order', so they could figure out what they are really seeking/need/want. And now it seems like buyer has made up their mind to cancel the order. 

There isn't much you can do except allowing the cancellation. We all have encountered such buyers in the past and keep stumbling across them once in a while.

The more this thing gets dragged, the more it will hurt your account. Also, after delivery counter is over - the cancellation button will get activated at buyer's end. So they will anyway use it to cancel the order. 

I hope you have NOT DELIVERED the order, this might just save you from receiving bad public rating for the cancelled order.  

Just send the cancellation request and be done with it. It's not worth it. Cancellation will hurt your gig's performance but you will recover in long term. 

Unfortunately, the buyer has requested cancellation again, so should I just accept the cancellation?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, namrata_dutta said:

Unfortunately, the buyer has requested cancellation again, so should I just accept the cancellation?

Yes, you should and let it go. 

Just take screenshots of your success score and gig score on levels overview page (if you have accumulated the scores). And then accept the cancellation.

So that later you can cross-check the score/stats/areas of impact on the gig for your own reference. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Yes, you should and let it go. 

Just take screenshots of your success score and gig score on levels overview page (if you have accumulated the scores). And then accept the cancellation.

So that later you can cross-check the score/stats/areas of impact on the gig for your own reference. 

But, I had already delivered, after which the client requested revision, to which I asked for any specific requirements they wanted when they suddenly canceled the order. Initially, I rejected it and tried to communicate, but the buyer has requested cancellation again, so if I accept, will the buyer get to leave feedback after this cancellation? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1