Urgent: Need Support on Unnotified Order Cancellation and Freelancer Protection Strategies

navjotmahey

Question

The client cancelled the Fiverr order without notifying me, even though I had completed half of the work.

Now I can't contact the client as Fiverr has sent this message: "grayleo974 can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate."

I'm unsure of the next steps, and I'm concerned that both my time and effort have been wasted. Who will cover the costs now?

Fiverr should take action in situations like this or develop a new strategy to ensure freelancers' time and effort aren't wasted.

• Like 3

1 answer to this question

10 hours ago, navjotmahey said:

The client cancelled the Fiverr order without notifying me, even though I had completed half of the work

10 hours ago, navjotmahey said:

"grayleo974 can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate."

Looks like the buyer is banned from the platform. If he had blocked you, you would have received the message "[buyer] is not accepting messages at this time". But since you're getting different information, it seems that Fiverr has banned the buyer due to some violation.

Or perhaps the buyer did a chargeback through their bank to get their money back and Fiverr then banned them.

Yes, some of your efforts are wasted, but isn't it better that the order is canceled? The cancellation is far better than working with these red-flag buyers. Who knows -- this order might have led to trouble, like a negative review or a warning for a TOS violation.

You can reach out to customer support though and ask for the impact to be removed from your stats, so it doesn't affect your Success Score or other metrics.

• Like 4
  • Up 3