Fiverr Account Flagged Just Before Reaching Top-Rated Milestone—Is This the End?

When I saw "Account Flagged" on my dashboard, I was completely shocked! It felt like I was fired without any solid reason, just when I was eagerly anticipating reaching my next milestone. I immediately contacted customer support, and they informed me that my account had been flagged due to location inconsistencies. I thoroughly checked all the devices connected to my account and found no unknown devices or suspicious locations. I’m still unsure what location Fiverr flagged as suspicious.

Customer support mentioned that it was their final decision, leaving me feeling hopeless and disappointed, so I didn’t pursue it further. Now, I’m left wondering if there’s any way to resolve this issue or if there’s a chance to get my Fiverr account unbanned and back on track so I can continue my journey. Or is this truly the end of the road? If anyone has experienced something similar, I would appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks!

flaggged account.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

@milos_siena - Could you look into @seo_rankxpert's ticket and provide insight as to why his account was flagged? Thanks in advance for all your help!

I know you mentioned in other posts that "location inconsistency" is not just the seller's location, but might be due to a seller's account being linked to another account in some way. I'm wondering if this is the case.

@seo_rankxpert - I hope you'll get an answer on why your account was flagged. Sometimes accounts are flagged accidentally, and in those cases, the seller's level is restored. However, if CS does find a reason for the location inconsistency that links you to multiple Fiverr accounts, that's a harder one to dispute.

I saw one seller mention that they helped a sibling or friend open a Fiverr account and got flagged. Another mentioned they were using the public library computers and got flagged. I don't think either of them was able to reverse Fiverr's decision.

Unlike these two, your account isn't banned or restricted. It's frustrating that this happens so close to hitting all the targets for TRS, but getting that badge is never a guarantee - many sellers qualify for the badge but never get it. It's more important to make money than to get that badge. Luckily for you, your account is still live and active, so I wouldn't give up if I were you. Buyers can still find you and you can continue to offer services. It's also too early to see how this flagging will affect the visibility you have with new buyers. As long as you can still get orders, there's still hope.

• Like 14

Hi @seo_rankxpert, sorry to read this was the case with your account. I see that you've contacted the CS team as soon as you got the notification. However, I just see the first auto-response, and nothing further. I recommend contacting the team again and once you get that auto-response, contact them again through the same ticket (sadly the auto-response cannot be avoided), and at that point one of the team members will look into this and contact any relevant team needed to do a manual review. Hopefully the above doesn't make sense to me only 😊

Best of luck 🍀

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @seo_rankxpert, sorry to read this was the case with your account. I see that you've contacted the CS team as soon as you got the notification. However, I just see the first auto-response, and nothing further. I recommend contacting the team again and once you get that auto-response, contact them again through the same ticket (sadly the auto-response cannot be avoided), and at that point one of the team members will look into this and contact any relevant team needed to do a manual review. Hopefully the above doesn't make sense to me only 😊

Best of luck 🍀

Thank you so much for this. i didn't knwo the auto reply thing

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thank you for your response—I truly appreciate it. You’re correct that my account is still active, and I’ve had the pleasure of working with many returning buyers. However, the level system serves as a significant motivation, encouraging me to reach new milestones. For me, the most important aspect of advancing in levels is the benefits that come with it. As a Level 2 seller, I could run promotions and offer coupons, which greatly boosted my sales.

13 hours ago, vickieito said:

@milos_siena - Could you look into @seo_rankxpert's ticket and provide insight as to why his account was flagged? Thanks in advance for all your help!

I know you mentioned in other posts that "location inconsistency" is not just the seller's location, but might be due to a seller's account being linked to another account in some way. I'm wondering if this is the case.

@seo_rankxpert - I hope you'll get an answer on why your account was flagged. Sometimes accounts are flagged accidentally, and in those cases, the seller's level is restored. However, if CS does find a reason for the location inconsistency that links you to multiple Fiverr accounts, that's a harder one to dispute.

I saw one seller mention that they helped a sibling or friend open a Fiverr account and got flagged. Another mentioned they were using the public library computers and got flagged. I don't think either of them was able to reverse Fiverr's decision.

Unlike these two, your account isn't banned or restricted. It's frustrating that this happens so close to hitting all the targets for TRS, but getting that badge is never a guarantee - many sellers qualify for the badge but never get it. It's more important to make money than to get that badge. Luckily for you, your account is still live and active, so I wouldn't give up if I were you. Buyers can still find you and you can continue to offer services. It's also too early to see how this flagging will affect the visibility you have with new buyers. As long as you can still get orders, there's still hope.

• Like 3

hey @ana_tomy, I got this response from CS. But to be honest, it's still unclear to me. I really don't know how we do connect fiverr account with another one. Are they suggesting that I might have logged in on a device that potentially violated the policies, and as a result, when I logged in from that device, it caused issues for my account as well?

Thanks.

image.png.beeef70dd7c3acd7e15cf35d8f5be88e.png

• Like 3

On 8/28/2024 at 1:03 AM, seo_rankxpert said:

When I saw "Account Flagged" on my dashboard, I was completely shocked! It felt like I was fired without any solid reason, just when I was eagerly anticipating reaching my next milestone. I immediately contacted customer support, and they informed me that my account had been flagged due to location inconsistencies. I thoroughly checked all the devices connected to my account and found no unknown devices or suspicious locations. I’m still unsure what location Fiverr flagged as suspicious.

Customer support mentioned that it was their final decision, leaving me feeling hopeless and disappointed, so I didn’t pursue it further. Now, I’m left wondering if there’s any way to resolve this issue or if there’s a chance to get my Fiverr account unbanned and back on track so I can continue my journey. Or is this truly the end of the road? If anyone has experienced something similar, I would appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks!

flaggged account.png

Does anyone from your family has a fiverr seller account or maybe they offer same skill as yours and also they are connected to same wifi? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, seo_rankxpert said:

hey @ana_tomy, I got this response from CS. But to be honest, it's still unclear to me. I really don't know how we do connect fiverr account with another one. Are they suggesting that I might have logged in on a device that potentially violated the policies, and as a result, when I logged in from that device, it caused issues for my account as well?

Thanks.

image.png.beeef70dd7c3acd7e15cf35d8f5be88e.png

I see that this was forwarded to the relevant team, and they confirmed the connection with another account. Sadly my options are limited, so I can't see or provide any additional information. You can ask for this to be escalated further, hopefully something can be done in this case, but my best guess is that they won't change their decision.

• Like 3

@seo_rankxpert hello, I can give you the best answer for this as I am going through same boat since last 20+ days 

Fiverr flagged my account 20 days ago and after that I contacted them in every possible way to convience that I do not own any other account to establish any connection. I also shared my experience you can see by clicking on profile.

I always got same reply from custom support that my account is connected but when I asked how,when, who did that how did that happen because I am preety sure I don't own 2 accounts. I also told them there might be chance this happened due to I connect public hotel wifi in hillstation hotel. But Fiverr didn't provide me any single information on that 

I kept on exploring other users on forum and internet and found that this happened due to new seller who copies your data and ended up disabling the account and ip issue in case you use public wifi or any other network.

- I kept on sharing my casestudy , ready to provide my identification or even get my laptop checked in order to make sure I never logged in my account.

Fiverr is responding same thing and i personally feel that being victim they are not even providing proper reason as well so that you can investigate locally.

Since flagging account is big thing it limits everything in terms of orders and gigs and you won't get visibility. Trust me it's very bad phase.

• Like 2

And I am 9 year old seller with 1600+ reviews and already matched the eligibility for top rated - I was about to receive that badge any time soon. 

But everything shattered and I am showing you the actual picture.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yes, I do occasionally use public Wi-Fi when working in places like restaurants or libraries maybe. But, it's rarely.

10 minutes ago, wordpresssp said:

Have you used public wifi or someone else's internet connection for fiverr?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@oscarkeen You're absolutely right, and I'm very disappointed to hear about your situation. It seems completely unexpected and doesn't make sense to simply inform you that your account was flagged due to location inconsistencies without any prior warning or clear explanation. Then, when you contact customer support, they mention that your account was flagged for being connected to another violating account, yet no further details or clarity are provided. It's especially confusing and frustrating considering that I've been using only a single account for years.

Edited by seo_rankxpert
  • Like 2