Fiverr disabled my account.

rabihumakhan

Question

Hey y'all! 

I just got an email from Fiverr support telling me my account has been disabled due to some kind of 'dubious policies' and without giving a proper reason. 

I dunno what went wrong and I seem unable to find out the exact reason. 

I spent three years on Fiverr and achieved a level two seller badge and 8 success score. I was near to getting all the metrics done for a top-rated badge. However, due to the stories being posted here everyday, I don't just find the energy to go back and forth with the CS for weeks just to find that the 'decision cannot be severed and that it was made after careful consideration through an AI'!

Hence, it was great connecting to y'all and I'm folding my shop. 

I might remain active here for two three days as I'll miss y'all. 

Good luck to everyone out here. 

I wish we all connect on another platform or somewhere, where it isn't restricted. 

I specifically thank, @vikie ito, and several other fellow members. 

Good bye! 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 12

16 answers to this question

16 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

Yes I got the reply that my account is/will be disabled. Can I know what kind of violation did I do that caused my account being banned? I'm not sure what went wrong.

As @milos_siena explained, you agreed to write a paper for a student, and it has been confirmed so sadly there's nothing to be done from our end, but feel free to ask the CS team for more details. Best of luck 🍀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With Fiverr automating more and more of its processes, it would be really nice to see Fiverr implement an actual dispute process.

One that doesn't rely on a Success Manager (like I had to). Nor one that locks sellers out of their account immediately (and away from any evidence they may be able to use to argue their case). Fiverr sellers are left in the dark, left to rely on their memory, with very vague reasons, if any, from Fiverr support. Tickets from banned accounts are often closed immediately, often without being read, which doesn't make sense.

I see more details from @milos_siena on the forum than anyone in Fiverr support. The details are there, so it makes me wonder why Fiverr support can't (or doesn't want to) provide the same details to sellers.

When my account was shut down by the hacker last year, all I could see was I somehow violated Fiverr's Terms of Service. With the help of the Success Manager, I found out that apparently I closed my own account with the reason of "I have multiple accounts." Since I knew that wasn't the case, my Success Manager escalated my ticket with Fiverr support and they found out that there was a very suspicious withdrawal right before my account was shut down. That's how we figured out my account was hacked, and luckily, my account was restored. Even then, I had kept a folder labeled "End of Fiverr" because I didn't know how things would work out.

Without a Success Manager, without access to the account in question, without details, and without any real process, sellers who trip up some unknown flag or trigger are left in the dark. Sellers are guilty-until-proven-innocent, and they can't even prove their innocence. I know Fiverr is aware of this, I just hope that someone takes action to change this.

@rabihumakhan, I'm really sorry that this happened to you. I hope @milos_siena or someone at Fiverr can provide more details to you in private messaging so that you can properly dispute your case.

• Like 3
  • Up 9
  • Support 2

Hi there

If you are 100% that you didn't do anything wrong and violated the TOS, you might to check this thread, it might help you. I hope it is only misunderstanding and that you will get your account back 

• Like 7
  • Up 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, milos_siena said:

(last order).

@ana_tomy@milos_siena

I don't understand why Fiverr is too punitive with sellers, it appears that some automatic system is playing with the Seller life, families life, people who believe on the Fiverr Business Model.

I truly 100% agree that disable a new account who breaked the Terms of Services is fair!
But, I doubt someone who has 3, 5 or more than 10 years on Fiverr, will put their account in risk because of 1 single order.

All the years of dedication means nothing to Fiverr?
I hope this is not true 

Edited by mateusbl
  • Like 5
  • Up 7
  • Support 2

Just now, priyank_mod said:

May be you can seek advice from Fiverr staff here.

Possibly @milos_siena or @ana_tomy can throw some light on the possible cause. 

Thank-you. Let's see. However, I have read lots of stories here and I just don't want to be over optimistic. 

I wanted to let you know that you're a great person and I thoroughly enjoyed your posts, and replies. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, rabihumakhan said:

Thank-you. Let's see. However, I have read lots of stories here and I just don't want to be over optimistic. 

I wanted to let you know that you're a great person and I thoroughly enjoyed your posts, and replies. 

Sometimes systems tend to throw up false flags, its very common. Recently, @wordpresssp's account was also flagged but later issue got resolved. 🤞

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

May be you can seek advice from Fiverr staff here.

Possibly @milos_siena or @ana_tomy can throw some light on the possible cause. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention 😊

Hi @rabihumakhan, sorry to read this was the case with your account, I've just checked and your account is restricted for violating our ToS. Feel free to respond to the auto-email you got from CS, and someone from the team will look into it and provide more details. From what I can see, sadly the violation is confirmed, and there's nothing to be done in this case as the account is not under review only, but you were informed that it will be permanently suspended. Good luck with your future endeavors 🍀

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

10 minutes ago, rabihumakhan said:

It seems that they concluded that you were writing an essay for a student (last order).

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, ana_tomy said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention 😊

Hi @rabihumakhan, sorry to read this was the case with your account, I've just checked and your account is restricted for violating our ToS. Feel free to respond to the auto-email you got from CS, and someone from the team will look into it and provide more details. From what I can see, sadly the violation is confirmed, and there's nothing to be done in this case as the account is not under review only, but you were informed that it will be permanently suspended. Good luck with your future endeavors 🍀

Yes I got the reply that my account is/will be disabled. Can I know what kind of violation did I do that caused my account being banned? I'm not sure what went wrong.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, milos_siena said:

It seems that they concluded that you were writing an essay for a student (last order).

Nope. I don't have an access to my orders now but I think my last order was writing a policy memo for a person who wasn't a student (or at least I didn't know that). 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, rabihumakhan said:

Hey y'all! 

I just got an email from Fiverr support telling me my account has been disabled due to some kind of 'dubious policies' and without giving a proper reason. 

I spent three years on Fiverr and achieved a level two seller badge and 8 success score. I was near to getting all the metrics done for a top-rated badge. However, due to the stories being posted here everyday, I don't just find the energy to go back and forth with the CS for weeks just to find that the 'decision cannot be severed and that it was made after careful consideration through an AI'

Hi too

I am so sorry to hear about your account being disabled. :classic_sad: I hope and pray that you get your account back. Lots of prayers for you! 

Keep fighting for your account. Good Luck!

• Like 6
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

I'm sorry you are going through this. I'd be...so many emotions. 

2 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

policy memo for a person who wasn't a student

Administrators write those, not students. 

2 hours ago, milos_siena said:

Bless your heart for being the only one who seems to have enough empathy to want to alleviate at least some of the mental anguish in these cases.

34 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Sellers are guilty-until-proven-innocent, and they can't even prove their innocence. I know Fiverr is aware of this, I just hope that someone takes action to change this.

I agree. It's extremely disturbing and seeing as this has been the case for a long time it's just one example of actions not aligning with (PR) words. 

(explod-y head emoticon) 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

My active gigs were:

1. Write a letter for you. 

2. Write terms and conditions for your website/app.

3. Write business and other legal agreements for you. 

4. Write anything you want. 

5. Write policy memos for you.

6. Can be your philosopher/philosophy writer. 

7. Translate Hindko, Urdu, Punjabi, Pashto, Hindi to English and vice versa, 

I don't see anything that could be termed as helping students. 

In addition, if the modes do have access to my account/gigs, I have clearly written on almost each of my gigs that I don't offer completing school work. 

Still, nah! 

But it's OK. We all may need some kind of shocks in our lives to understand that our shops are made of tinfoil and can be destroyed any minutes with communicating only shenanigans.

• Like 3
  • Support 2