Beware of New Scam Message: Stay Alert!

Hello Fiverr Community,

I wanted to share a recent experience I had with a scam message that I received in my inbox, hoping it can help others stay vigilant.

I received a message from someone claiming to be a buyer. They sent me a blurry image and instructed me to download it, claiming it was an important file related to an order. The image looked like an invoice, but the details were unclear, and the name on the image was unfamiliar. The sender didn’t provide any context or discuss any project with me beforehand—just a simple "File, download it."

Luckily, I recognized the signs of a scam and didn’t click on anything. This isn’t the first time I’ve encountered such attempts; it seems like these tactics are becoming more common.

• Do not click on suspicious links or download files from unknown sources.
  • Always verify the legitimacy of the sender before interacting with any content they provide.
  • Report any suspicious activity to Fiverr Support immediately.

Stay safe out there, and let’s keep the Fiverr community informed and protected!

Best,
Kathryn R. Davila

scam.PNG

• Like 14
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, romanaafrin2005 said:

Someone give me this message, I was a little bit afraid .I download the pdf but doesn't click anywhere. I also want help fiver customer support. When I see your scam alert post  I reported this message.

It’s likely a scam since Fiverr wouldn’t send warnings through random messages. Best to ignore it and report the account to Fiverr Support to be safe. Always verify anything suspicious directly through your dashboard. Stay safe!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, wp_kathryn said:

Hello Fiverr Community,

I wanted to share a recent experience I had with a scam message that I received in my inbox, hoping it can help others stay vigilant.

I received a message from someone claiming to be a buyer. They sent me a blurry image and instructed me to download it, claiming it was an important file related to an order. The image looked like an invoice, but the details were unclear, and the name on the image was unfamiliar. The sender didn’t provide any context or discuss any project with me beforehand—just a simple "File, download it."

Luckily, I recognized the signs of a scam and didn’t click on anything. This isn’t the first time I’ve encountered such attempts; it seems like these tactics are becoming more common.

• Do not click on suspicious links or download files from unknown sources.
  • Always verify the legitimacy of the sender before interacting with any content they provide.
  • Report any suspicious activity to Fiverr Support immediately.

Stay safe out there, and let’s keep the Fiverr community informed and protected!

Best,
Kathryn R. Davila

scam.PNG

Thank you very much, I have received this message today morning 

• Like 5

Hello @wp_kathryn 

Thank you for the heads up! Just wanted to repeat once again for all members of our Community:

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you.

• Like 3