Bad Review Effects!

ads_shanto007

Question

I began a project for a client who placed an order and made full payment. After completing 50% of the work, the client requested that the project be halted, paying only half of the total amount and seeking a refund for the remaining balance. Despite my inquiry, the client did not provide a reason for this request. I promptly issued a 50% refund as requested.

Subsequently, the client left a 2-star review, despite receiving the refund, which has significantly impacted my account and lowered my rating. I believe this review does not accurately reflect the situation, as I handled the client's request professionally and in accordance with their wishes.

• Like 4

9 answers to this question

@ads_shanto007  I get the fact that you're upset, and the review did not reflect the work that was done.  

But your biggest mistake was calling the client a fraud in your reply.  People will read this and immeaditaely make a judgement on how you conduct yourself. 

• Like 4
  • Up 5

Just now, ads_shanto007 said:

Yes I did it wrong, I realized later. Can Fiver support help me remove the review somehow?

Nopes, why should they??

That way, all of us will have an excuse to get bad reviews removed from our profiles. 

• Like 3
  • Up 4

20 hours ago, ads_shanto007 said:

Unfortunately, as your peers have mentioned, there's little that can be done to change this negative review.

Instead of dwelling on what's already happened, consider this an opportunity to learn and improve for future buyers. Take the feedback as constructive criticism. 

Also, remember that one bad review isn't the end of your Fiverr career. As long as you continue to deliver high-quality work and excellent customer service, you can still recover from this and succeed. 

Best of luck to you. 💚

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, breals said:

@ads_shanto007  I get the fact that you're upset, and the review did not reflect the work that was done.  

But your biggest mistake was calling the client a fraud in your reply.  People will read this and immeaditaely make a judgement on how you conduct yourself. 

Yes I did it wrong, I realized later. Can Fiver support help me remove the review somehow?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ads_shanto007 said:

Despite my inquiry, the client did not provide a reason for this request.

image.png.1805518a89398f3fa721207790409d64.png

By looking at the buyer's review, it's clear what could be the reason for the partial refund. Maybe you did your best but not up to the buyer's expectations? And the buyer was so nice that they at least offered you 50% payment (despite being unsatisfied with the quality) -- otherwise, nowadays buyers do not think twice before requesting cancellation for the entire order -- and yet you called the buyer a 'fraud' in your response to the review? What a wonderful way to handle a situation!

• Like 4