Strange message in my inbox

cinestezzy

Question

Hello there! I'm a seller on Fiverr, and I just received this weird message in my inbox. Pretty sure it's a scam, but it scared me. I never bought anything on Fiverr myself, but from what I understood, the image sent by this person is an invoice as if they are logged on my account and bought something as me. But there's nothing suspicious on my account and I have two factor authentication on. I didn't scan the QR code and I have no idea who "Oran Jacobi" is. Did you ever receive something like this? What should I do? I'm very confused.

weirdmessage1.PNG.18ada7e6a6914a2b4748c724adcfdc86.PNG

weirdmessage2.PNG.4bbb959b5677c57ddbb6b6c9ef7e7836.PNG

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Hey there @cinestezzy 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information. 

Take a moment and check out our pinned posts as well as this article about Staying safe on the platform.

Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

18 minutes ago, cinestezzy said:

Hello there! I'm a seller on Fiverr, and I just received this weird message in my inbox. Pretty sure it's a scam, but it scared me. I never bought anything on Fiverr myself, but from what I understood, the image sent by this person is an invoice as if they are logged on my account and bought something as me. But there's nothing suspicious on my account and I have two factor authentication on. I didn't scan the QR code and I have no idea who "Oran Jacobi" is. Did you ever receive something like this? What should I do? I'm very confused.

weirdmessage1.PNG.18ada7e6a6914a2b4748c724adcfdc86.PNG

weirdmessage2.PNG.4bbb959b5677c57ddbb6b6c9ef7e7836.PNG

Hi cinestezzy,

Firstly, it’s good that you didn’t scan the QR code. This definitely sounds like a phishing attempt, where someone is trying to trick you into sharing your personal information or gaining access to your account. Fiverr will never ask you to scan a QR code or provide sensitive information through messages like this.

I recommend reporting the message to Fiverr’s Trust & Safety team immediately and contacting Fiverr Support for further assistance. Also, double-check your account security, just in case.

Stay safe!

• Like 3

Guest amethyst_blaq

I got the same thing yesterday. I recognize the shape of the image, but I don't know if the name on it is the same. The one I was shown was so fuzzy that I couldn't read anything on it. I had no idea what it was until now, seeing yours. All I can tell you is that someone I had no discussion with sent that to me via messages. The person who sent it only said "File, download it." My one listing clearly says that buyers must consult with me prior to buying; no matter though, as I'd never click on anything that shady even without such a telltale sign. I hope this isn't the shape of things to come. I have been on this platform for two days and have had, give or take, 7 scammers reach out and no customer queries. 

Edited by amethyst_blaq

11 minutes ago, amethyst_blaq said:

I got the same thing yesterday. I recognize the shape of the image, but I don't know if the name on it is the same. The one I was shown was so fuzzy that I couldn't read anything on it. I had no idea what it was until now, seeing yours. All I can tell you is that someone I had no discussion with sent that to me via messages. The person who sent it only said "File, download it." My one listing clearly says that buyers must consult with me prior to buying; no matter though, as I'd never click on anything that shady even without such a telltale sign. I hope this isn't the shape of things to come. I have been on this platform for two days and have had, give or take, 7 scammers reach out and no customer queries. 

I’ve encountered something similar before, and I can confirm it’s a scam. Fiverr would never support or request anything like this. It’s great that you didn’t scan the QR code.

I suggest reporting the message to Fiverr Support and keeping an eye on your account security. It’s unfortunate, but scammers can be persistent. I hope your experience improves soon.

Stay cautious and don’t hesitate to report any suspicious activity!

spam.PNG

Edited by wp_kathryn
  • Like 5