Does auto-completion affect client satisfaction score? 3 ways I could tell

ch6k0r

Question

Hello! I've been scrolling around trying to find an answer for why my client satisfaction has a strong negative impact. Multiple times, I've seen people mention that if an order auto-completes, it negatively affects your success score, and it seems that this is the case for me as well for the following reasons:

1- Best Selling Gig: Over 99% of 5-star reviews, many returning clients, and lots of tips. However, I have a lot of auto-completed orders, especially since many of my deliveries are small in value (around $35 on average). Some clients don't feel the need to leave a review afterward (I've recently started reminding them to do so).

Result: Strong negative impact on client satisfaction.

2- Second Best Selling Gig: Most of the time, I secure these orders through custom offers, so I have more interaction with the client before the order. Unlike my best-selling gig, where clients order directly, I rarely have auto-completed orders, and the clients are more chatty and active on the site. 

Result: Positive impact on client satisfaction.

3- Comparison: One gig has more auto-completed orders, while the other rarely does. I work the same way on both in terms of quality, providing bonus elements, and offering one of the best values on the market. I believe that one of the main reasons my client satisfaction is low on the best-selling gig is due to the auto-completed orders and the lack of interaction with the client, as minimal communication is needed for these smaller deliveries. (I already have a negative impact on effective communication, which I'm currently trying to fix by interacting more, even if it's not necessary.)

I want to hear from others who have lots of auto-completed orders. Do you see a negative impact on your score? If so, what's the solution to this? I honestly think that as long as the client doesn't interact with the reviewing system, whether it's the public or private one, this inaction should remain neutral.

Cheers!
Omar

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

5 answers to this question

I have an 8 month-old gig that's only ever had two orders, one of which was auto-completed and never reviewed because that's just how that return buyer/seller (!!!) rolls. I know they also have a drive by order style and don't reply to anything I put in chat, so I didn't even bother appeasing the AI that reads that with my standard pattern of responses--which is my bad.

The other order had an accepted delivery, shiny public review, and extensive chat history in it. The person got a bit miffed when I asked for something they skipped over in the requirement form, but then for the remainder of the correspondence it was things like "oh my gosh you are amazing." These orders were placed and ended in the same week.

The first succstress score that initially came of these orders was a 6, with "strong negative impact" placed on client satisfaction. There have been no orders since and the succstress score's now at 8 (!!??!!) with client satisfaction having a "positive impact." 

Nothing makes sense. Honestly, I strongly suspect this whole revealing of scores was in attempt to (superficially?) comply with the UK's recent Digital Service Act, although it did very little in terms of transparency as anyone I've seen whose been trying to improve scores based on provided documentation indicates.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

11 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

There have been no orders since and the succstress score's now at 8 (!!??!!)

I think they are still fine-tuning their entire system.
On August 10th I had 11 gigs that got a higher score at the same time (see the attachment with the scores of my 29 gigs). That doesn't happen to me normally. It is always only 1 gig or very rarely 2 gigs that get the score adjusted (like on August 14th).

image.png.8a1a087ac557202e272fa578ea791cbf.png

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

4 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

I think they are still fine-tuning their entire system.

Wow. That's fascinating and impressive, Filip! You are a very methodical man who might end up knowing the AI better than it knows itself. I want to do something like that but then don't at the same time. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mandyzines said:

The first succstress score that initially came of these orders was a 6, with "strong negative impact" placed on client satisfaction. There have been no orders since and the succstress score's now at 8 (!!??!!) with client satisfaction having a "positive impact."

That random change may be due to the ''comparison'' with other sellers in the same category but that's a whole nother mystery/confusion that I'm trying to understand, however the initial 6 score with strong negative impact on client satisfaction was a clear giveaway that something is up with the way things are being calculated.

• Support 1