Why does Fiverr allow an order without requirements to start?

karolynh

Question

Why does the requirement status even exist? My suggestion is for fiverr to set a one-hour time limit for buyers when they start an order. If they don't add all of the requirements within an hour, then the order should be automatically cancelled by fiverr, with no impact on the seller. It shouldn't be left sitting there in "incomplete" status for who knows how long. This would force buyers to WAIT to start an order until they actually have the files and money they need for the order. Several times, buyers have started orders and I've contact them for days with no response. Currently I have one in limbo right now. My schedule fills up quickly, and I can't have this order taking up my schedule when several other buyers are waiting for me to start working on their projects. What happens if another buyer accepts my offer, and while I'm working on that one, the first buyer who left their order sitting there suddenly decides to add the requirements weeks later when I don't have time to work on their project? This is not fair to me and I think it's such an obvious solution. I don't know why Fiverr hasn't implemented it yet. FIVERR, please institute an order time limit for buyers!

Edited by karolynh
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Support 1
  • Insightful 1

17 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, karolynh said:

If they don't add all of the requirements within an hour, then the order should be automatically cancelled by fiverr, with no impact on the seller.

Maybe the person wants to pay for the order now and activate it later. You won't have a deadline to complete the order and it stays inactive. So there's no harm. Canceling the order automatically after an hour would be harmful because all cancellations these days matter, and they have a certain negative impact on your gig. 

The problem is when people activate those orders and say "I'll send the requirements today" on a 1-day deadline and they forget to send anything. That's the issue, and it's very hard to solve that. Because Fiverr sees their message as requirements, obviously.

• Like 8

On 8/15/2024 at 2:41 AM, donnovan86 said:

Maybe the person wants to pay for the order now and activate it later. You won't have a deadline to complete the order and it stays inactive. So there's no harm. Canceling the order automatically after an hour would be harmful because all cancellations these days matter, and they have a certain negative impact on your gig. 

The problem is when people activate those orders and say "I'll send the requirements today" on a 1-day deadline and they forget to send anything. That's the issue, and it's very hard to solve that. Because Fiverr sees their message as requirements, obviously.

Yes there is harm. I bid on several jobs a week at least. Editing jobs can take anywhere from one week to 2 months of my schedule, depending on the size of the book. If this buyer decides to add the requirements when I'm very busy and am scheduled out for 2 months, then the time frame I quoted them is impossible for me to deliver by. My original suggestion stands. Fiverr can prevent this issue by restricting buyers to a time limit for adding requirements. Very simple.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, karolynh said:

Fiverr can prevent this issue by restricting buyers to a time limit for adding requirements. Very simple.

Automatic cancellations harm your account too. You prefer to have competitors place an order, not share requirements and then have 30 cancellations in a month? This would be so prone to abuse.....

• Like 4

A lot of people work with very small prices on Fiverr. Even after 50 -fivestars reviews if you put smallest price of Gig- 10$ impessions become low.
People should hold 5$ price for Gig.  It is very sad and 39$ per month because of such situation - big money. On the Upwork after one year active work freelancer can takes 20-30$ for work hour. Here it looks impossible.

--------------------
I think on Fiverr 2 big problems :
1. Holding low prices even if you Second level seller
2. Customer can make Order without agreement

It is my opinion.

Edited by svitlanadesign
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, svitlanadesign said:

Even after 50 -fivestars reviews if you put smallest price of Gig- 10$ impessions become low.

Honestly, quality of your work samples and gig deserve more than $5-10. May be you should price yourself at the price you believe you deserve and hold on to it - eventually you will find the buyers who will trust the quality of your work and would be willing to pay. 

Generally, algorithm favours above-category-average priced gigs, as it helps Fiverr also earn more through those gigs. So drop in impressions after gig edit/price increase might be temporary but in long term, you will earn more for the same amount of work and will also get better quality buyers. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Generally, algorithm favours above-category-average priced gigs, as it helps Fiverr also earn more through those gigs.

I can confirm this.
This is most likely also the reason why Fiverr is increasingly focusing on PRO sellers. The minimum price of a PRO seller gig is $100. Higher prices yield more profit for Fiverr.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Honestly, quality of your work samples and gig deserve more than $5-10. May be you should price yourself at the price you believe you deserve and hold on to it - eventually you will find the buyers who will trust the quality of your work and would be willing to pay. 

Generally, algorithm favours above-category-average priced gigs, as it helps Fiverr also earn more through those gigs. So drop in impressions after gig edit/price increase might be temporary but in long term, you will earn more for the same amount of work and will also get better quality buyers. 

Thank you, priyank_mod!
I never work fast and try to hold Kind quality also I have 10+ work eprieince in big companies.

When I had big Web, Mobile app + Landing  project for 60+ hours I become Second Level Seller - my Idea was to offer One Mobile page for 10-12$.
I hold this smallest price of my Gig during 2 monthes and impressions become low, order quantity also has decreased a lot.

Now I am sitting and thinking how to solve this problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

I can confirm this.
This is most likely also the reason why Fiverr is increasingly focusing on PRO sellers. The minimum price of a PRO seller gig is $100. Higher prices yield more profit for Fiverr.

In this case I need to buy a Pro?
I thought that Second Level seller will be enough to have middle price like 15-20$ for one hour.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, svitlanadesign said:

I hold this smallest price of my Gig during 2 monthes and impressions become low, order quantity also has decreased a lot.

Recently, multiple sellers on the platform have reported decline or stagnancy in their business after becoming Level 2. So decline in your impressions and orders might have more to do with becoming Level 2, instead of your price update. 

24 minutes ago, svitlanadesign said:

I never work fast and try to hold Kind quality also I have 10+ work eprieince in big companies.

Also, since you have extensive work experience - you might want to consider applying to Fiverr Pro. It is not something one needs to pay for but program is for the  professionals with real-world experience and educational qualifications. You can read more about it here - https://help-pro.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/17029281011217-How-to-become-a-Fiverr-Pro-freelancer   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

you might want to consider applying to Fiverr Pro.

Unfortunately, there are only a few services available that still allow PRO sellers.
Fiverr gave a lot of sellers a PRO badge a few months ago to fill their PRO pool. They have enough PRO sellers now.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

57 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Unfortunately, there are only a few services available that still allow PRO sellers.
Fiverr gave a lot of sellers a PRO badge a few months ago to fill their PRO pool. They have enough PRO sellers now.

Thank you, colleagues, for your advices.

1. About Pro with hourly rates. I did not understand if freelancer with this option can work with Time Tracker like on the Upwork.

2. I was invited recently to be part of Professions Catalog. I can suggest that there will be some type of hourly-rate contracts.
If yes - I hope it helps to work for best prices.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, svitlanadesign said:

Thank you, colleagues, for your advices.

1. About Pro with hourly rates. I did not understand if freelancer with this option can work with Time Tracker like on the Upwork.

2. I was invited recently to be part of Professions Catalog. I can suggest that there will be some type of hourly-rate contracts.
If yes - I hope it helps to work for best prices.

1. I don't use Upwork. I cannot help you with this.

2. When I added a profession there was no hourly rate available.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

1. I don't use Upwork. I cannot help you with this.

2. When I added a profession there was no hourly rate available.

It seems Pro, which freelancers  bought previously and Professions Catalog - it is two different things.

Here info about this Catalog:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/25710167157777-Profession-based-catalog-for-freelancers

• Like 2