This is a new one

visualstudios

I think you gave this person more time than I would! lol. I had someone chat with a few lame messages then he asked me if I was single—- BLOCK!!! I did not dignify it with a response. 

I am curious if you block someone does it affect the algorithm and new success score? 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

On 8/15/2024 at 12:24 PM, melissaharlowvo said:

I think you gave this person more time than I would! lol. I had someone chat with a few lame messages then he asked me if I was single—- BLOCK!!! I did not dignify it with a response. 

I am curious if you block someone does it affect the algorithm and new success score? 

Hi! Blocking will not inherently negatively impact any of those things. Just keep in mind that the system does account for communication so always try to keep things professional on your end if you ever do decide to reply before blocking. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Kesha said:

reply before blocking. 

Always keeping it professional! No matter how rude or crazy you may feel the interaction is. Also remember that everyone communicates differently and may be from a different country where communication and language is different. After giving those issues a common courtesy and you still feel it’s block worthy then it’s a personal decision. 

Thank you @Kesha for the reminder about the initial response. I always assume everyone understands that…but giving a non professional response to someone is never acceptable because you are just feeding the fire and it could ultimately impact you negatively.  

• Like 5