MY ENCOUNTER WITH A BUYER

taofeeqq

Question

Hello community and great freelancer I'm Taofeeq from Nigeria please what can I do, A buyer message me and ask for sales funnel and I accept the projects setup complete marketing sales funnel for him based on our mutual agreement she accept my delivery after a lot revisions which I gladly do also and she accept my delivery plus 5 star with good rating now she come back after  some week that his funnel is no longer working and I tried to explain him that the getresponse only offer 30 day free trail and she need to upgrade to enjoy more features she refused and start calling me scams etc and I don't want to loose my years struggle account

please what can I do your advice will be highly appreciated 

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, taofeeqq said:

I tried to explain him that the getresponse only offer 30 day free trail and she need to upgrade to enjoy more features she refused and start calling me scams etc and I don't want to loose my years struggle account

GetResponse is just one of many tools available in the market. Did the client specifically ask you to use this tool, or was it your decision to go with it?

If it was your decision to use GetResponse, then it was your responsibility to inform the buyer that you used this tool in the project and that it would cost the client "x amount per month."

But without knowing the complete scenario, it's hard to comment on the situation. Feel free to share the full story!

• Like 3
  • Up 2

It was already on my gig requirement that ( I will need your email marketing service provider login details EG Getresponse.com so after she ordered she just go and sign up immediately and please don't forget this was on getresponse sign up page (Create an account and
try all features free for 30 days
) and even if we use other options like Mailchimp etc. She will still need to upgrade I think everyone already know that, Thank for your response sir but I'll be so glad if you can assist further 

getres.PNG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taofeeqq said:

It was already on my gig requirement that ( I will need your email marketing service provider login details EG Getresponse.com so after she ordered she just go and sign up immediately and please don't forget this was on getresponse sign up page (Create an account and
try all features free for 30 days
) and even if we use other options like Mailchimp etc. She will still need to upgrade I think everyone already know that, Thank for your response sir but I'll be so glad if you can assist further 

So, it was you who chose to go with this service, and it was not specifically requested by the client.

Sure, it's written on the website signup page that it's free for 30 days, but since you were the one who chose to use this service, it was your responsibility to educate the buyer and explain all hidden charges or maintenance charges (on subscriptions). There is nowhere written in your gig description or FAQ that the buyer needs to pay that subscription amount. Maybe the buyer thought that you would be paying for the subscription? Clearly, "clear boundaries" were not set, so problems are bound to happen.

The only thing you can do is communicate with the buyer and try to resolve things on your own. Because if things go to customer support, they may take the buyer's side and cancel the order.