Please set limits to a buyer review extension system

How did this feature even get approved? I've been a fiverr freelancer for a few years and ever since unlimited review extensions showed up, I'm having multiple orders that are getting review extended for the smallest things and for no reason sometime (you need additional 5 days to review a single word change I made and busy???). I'm already working with a very difficult client and I already went above and beyond (3 revisions in a package, but provided 6, very demanding customer) and now that the order is almost complete, he now started using review extension feature, extending by 5 days (obviously this is getting abused because the order has been going for a month now and now that order is coming to a close, buyer now starts extending the review itself when there is nothing to change anymore). I gently encourage them what else I can do to help close the order like a good fiverr freelancer, but I'm really mentally stressed and depressed now for several weeks now.

Edited by josh_oh
  • Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Support 2

57 minutes ago, josh_oh said:

How did this feature even get approved? I've been a fiverr freelancer for a few years and ever since unlimited review extensions showed up, I'm having multiple orders that are getting review extended for the smallest things and for no reason sometime (you need additional 5 days to review a single word change I made and busy???). I'm already working with a very difficult client and I already went above and beyond (3 revisions in a package, but provided 6, very demanding customer) and now that the order is almost complete, he now started using review extension feature, extending by 5 days (obviously this is getting abused because the order has been going for a month now and now that order is coming to a close, buyer now starts extending the review itself when there is nothing to change anymore). I gently encourage them what else I can do to help close the order like a good fiverr freelancer, but I'm really mentally stressed and depressed now for several weeks now.

I believe this happens to every freelancer occasionally. It seems you're facing several difficult clients at the same time.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mateusbl said:

I create a full detailed Topic about it, how buyers are abusing of Fiverr Unlimited Functions, still wanna see if Fiverr will do something about it @Kesha @josh_oh

Actually I posted this after reading your post (it was a great post and 100% agreed). A problem is there is no single guard rail for sellers. I understand there are problematic buyers and sellers which could probably led to this extension feature but being able to close was one of the last guard rails when working with difficult clients. So sneaky ones now they know what to do now. I'm trying to think positive and focus on other orders and let time pass with income generation from other orders (I also meet a lot of great and awesome buyers whom I really do my best to help even after the order close). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, josh_oh said:

Actually I posted this after reading your post (it was a great post and 100% agreed). A problem is there is no single guard rail for sellers. I understand there are problematic buyers and sellers which could probably led to this extension feature but being able to close was one of the last guard rails when working with difficult clients. So sneaky ones now they know what to do now. I'm trying to think positive and focus on other orders and let time pass with income generation from other orders (I also meet a lot of great and awesome buyers whom I really do my best to help even after the order close). 

To be fair, you think that having a limit here would solve anything? If a buyer is problematic, an automatic stop to these revisions won't help. They will just go to customer support and ask for a refund, saying that the seller delivered low quality work or is unable to help them. So in my opinion, having a limit won't really help that much. Ideally, ask the buyer to share everything that's wrong so you can solve all of that and not deal with other issues and constant revisions. If a buyer seems hard to work with, you should just cancel the order right away..

• Like 4
  • Up 1

55 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

To be fair, you think that having a limit here would solve anything? If a buyer is problematic, an automatic stop to these revisions won't help. They will just go to customer support and ask for a refund, saying that the seller delivered low quality work or is unable to help them. So in my opinion, having a limit won't really help that much. Ideally, ask the buyer to share everything that's wrong so you can solve all of that and not deal with other issues and constant revisions. If a buyer seems hard to work with, you should just cancel the order right away..

what you said makes sense while this root cause needs to be addressed in some form that's for certain because a problem does exist. I understand it's not a linear solution that makes entire world a better place with one feature fix and I'm hoping fiverr team is looking into this more holistically. It's also an lesson for me that when your gut feeling tells me something's off, then best to cancel the order early on because I had that weird that gut feeling but decided to proceed with the order and indeed I am facing consequences of that decision now because I already put in too much time on this one. I have already taken actions to satisfy the client as you suggested so hopefully I can close this once and for all.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, josh_oh said:

I have already taken actions to satisfy the client as you suggested so hopefully I can close this once and for all.

What issue needs to be addressed, though? There are certain niches where it takes more than a day or 2 to check everything, like programming, etc. For my niche, articles and blog posts, checking a few posts doesn't take long, unless it's a massive order. But again, there were lots of people complaining that the 3 days auto-closing window is very short and they didn't have time to check the delivery. Of course there will be people that abuse this, but then again, as I said, stopping them from asking revisions is not going to help, they will just ask for a refund instead.

The core of this issue is working with people that are hard to satisfy. Solution: use longer deadlines, share a work in progress and if you see the person is hard to work with, just cancel. That way, they get their money back, you dodge a massive bullet, even if you end up with a cancellation penalty, it's better than the other things that can arise. 

• Like 3