Online Seller Button?

grafixer1000

Question

Hello dear all members, I have observed that as a buyer if I search a service I can't see the online seller button their to filter the sellers who are online that time to discuss my project on the spot. Why fiverr hide that button? it was also helpful for the newbies to be in the front of buyer even their gigs are on 4th or 5th pages. They had opportunity to show his skills to the buyers so buyer can hire them as well. Kindly review this request and allow the buyer to use the online seller button so the freelancers (sellers) being online most of the time on fiverr, they could get some fruitful results by being online on fiverr! Thanks

• Like 6

12 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

Can you please help me to understand the ranking procedure for the new seller, I have many students of graphic designing and freelancing and they are just joined the fiverr, how can they be in searches even they have good seo of gig but still they are not on the first page!

It's not just about SEO, which might be the relevance bit, Fiverr's algorithm takes a lot of other info into account as well as, like I said, ranks them related to the buyer who is searching. eg. if a seller has high success scores or high public and private ratings or a higher seller level that might also make them show higher in search position.

Check pages like this: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

In the marketplace, a Gig's position is based on the seller’s performance over a set period. Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate daily. 

There are many factors to take into consideration, some of which may include: 

• Order cancellations
  • Delivery rate
  • Responsiveness
  • The particular Gig’s maximum number of active orders in queue is based on your seller level.  
  • Other Gigs performing at a higher rate.

If other sellers are ranked higher, they may be consistently getting better reviews, delivering on time, communicating quicker, and so on. For this reason, ensure that you provide high-quality and original work, avoid late deliveries and cancellations, are responsive, and always remain professional.

You could also look at the other help pages for gig ranking: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=gig+ranking

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, uk1000 said:

They might be testing different screen designs.

But on mine, when logged out, if I search or go to a subcategory, though it doesn't show the "online" filter on the main search page, it shows iin the "Seller Details" menu now.

seller-online-in-seller-details-filter.jpg.25c7339cb0c478e40fc283fcae50cf78.jpg

👍

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, uk1000 said:

But on mine, when logged out, if I search or go to a subcategory, though it doesn't show the "online" filter on the main search page, it shows iin the "Seller Details" menu now.

Thank you so much dear! but you know it will not help sellers, did you read my whole message, what a new seller should do? They will never can come to the first pages as being online their gigs came on the first page even they are on 4th or 5th page. This was a trick for newbies to get more impressions and click and an opportunity to get orders!

Edited by grafixer1000
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

did you read my whole message, what a new seller should do? They will never can come to the first pages as being online their gigs came on the first page even they are on 4th or 5th page. This was a trick for newbies to get more impressions and click and an opportunity to get orders!

They've just moved where the button/checkbox is. They've moved it from at the top of the search to still within the search option but in the seller section of the search option/subcategory page. So buyers can still use it so it only shows "online" sellers. It just takes an extra button click or 2 for them.

Though it doesn't mean a seller will definitely appear at a certain page position in search results if they are active and a buyer uses that option to filter for online sellers only. Fiverr's AI ranks positions for the based on the person who is doing the searching/viewing of gigs. It also takes into account relevancy etc.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

They've just moved where the button/checkbox is. They've moved it from at the top of the search to still within the search option but in the seller section of the search option/subcategory page. So buyers can still use it so it only shows "online" sellers. It just takes an extra button click or 2 for them.

Though it doesn't mean a seller will definitely appear at a certain page position in search results if they are active and a buyer uses that option to filter for online sellers only. Fiverr's AI ranks positions for the based on the person who is doing the searching/viewing of gigs. It also takes into account relevancy etc.

Can you please help me to understand the ranking procedure for the new seller, I have many students of graphic designing and freelancing and they are just joined the fiverr, how can they be in searches even they have good seo of gig but still they are not on the first page!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

It's not just about SEO, which might be the relevance bit, Fiverr's algorithm takes a lot of other info into account as well as, like I said, ranks them related to the buyer who is searching. eg. if a seller has high success scores or high public and private ratings or a higher seller level that might also make them show higher in search position.

Check pages like this: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

You could also look at the other help pages for gig ranking: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=gig+ranking

I am saying for a new seller, making good success score is the second level, my students are just started and made their first gig, I am asking how can they get ranked in the front of buyers! They need their first order and I didn't recommend them any wrong way to get their first order! in the beginning there was an option of buyer requests which was very helpful for new sellers to get their first order and I personally get 60% of my projects for the buyer requests! That was the way by which a new seller could show the working styles to the buyer in the direct inbox! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

I am saying for a new seller, making good success score is the second level, my students are just started and made their first gig, I am asking how can they get ranked in the front of buyers!

Though you already have gigs related to that, one gig is offering coaching saying:

Many people left Fiverr just because they didn't get any order from Fiverr, thinking that there is only level 1, level 2 and top-rated sellers who get orders, they also stop others to join this platform, they think it's time wasting.

But it's wrong! You can get orders on fiverr! Yes!

I have learned many things from my career on fiverr and I want to share it with you!

Another gig is:

I will tell you the reasons why a fiverr gig is not getting orders

You also used to have a gig called:

I will review your fiverr gig and make a suggestion video to improve the gig ranking

So you must know enough about it already to be offering those services on Fiverr. But this thread has gone off-topic. It started asking why the "online" filter was missing and that was answered (that it has moved). Now it's changed to gig ranking/getting orders. Maybe create a different thread on that or look in one of the other threads about it (there are probably lots).

It's probably a big topic and I've not said I'm an expert at it. Fiverr boosts new gigs initially I think, but after that their impressions will likely go down unless they're getting orders with high enough private ratings/buyer satisfaction scores (related to success rate). Some gigs might not get ordered as there might be too much competition in that subcategory (eg. hundreds of thousands of gigs, which might be the case in Logo Design etc.).

But after the initial boost then doing those things in the link I gave will help, as well as during it (eg. having a good enough response time, response rate etc.) Having a good gig image and good gig title, description etc. will also help.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

One thing you're not realizing is that Fiverr has changed a lot since your initial days and it is now over-saturated in most of the categories!! So what worked a few years back, will not work at all now. 

Also, why should Fiverr show new gigs on page 1?? Why do new sellers expect it like platform owes it to them??🧐

Remember that, everyone is doing the same SEO. All new sellers here do the SAME set of things with their gigs, then how can they expect different results?? They all use the same "cliched terms" and ask the "same questions". 

Nobody is trying to be unique or exceptionally good as a professional but just relying on gimmicky tricks n tips for clicks, impressions and page 1 rank!! 🫠

Thanks, you explain something unique! let me know;

• how to be unique than buyers are searching?
  • how to be opposite to the fiverr suggestions?
  • how to walk wrong way against the light of fiverr searched terms?
Edited by grafixer1000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Though you already have gigs related to that, one gig is offering coaching saying:

Another gig is:

You also used to have a gig called:

So you must know enough about it already to be offering those services on Fiverr. But this thread has gone off-topic. It started asking why the "online" filter was missing and that was answered (that it has moved). Now it's changed to gig ranking/getting orders. Maybe create a different thread on that or look in one of the other threads about it (there are probably lots).

It's probably a big topic and I've not said I'm an expert at it. Fiverr boosts new gigs initially I think, but after that their impressions will likely go down unless they're getting orders with high enough private ratings/buyer satisfaction scores (related to success rate). Some gigs might not get ordered as there might be too much competition in that subcategory (eg. hundreds of thousands of gigs, which might be the case in Logo Design etc.).

But after the initial boost then doing those things in the link I gave will help, as well as during it (eg. having a good enough response time, response rate etc.) Having a good gig image and good gig title, description etc. will also help.

I am asking things as I want to know more and more so that I can help other sellers on fiverr. I help newbies even without any charges for that they didn't get diffuse in the beginning! I have experienced too much draw backs and I don't want the newbies to experience the same. and thanks for you guidance, you are really a nice person, I appreciate your time! thanks

• Like 1
  • Up 1

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 1

2 hours ago, grafixer1000 said:

how can they be in searches even they have good seo of gig but still they are not on the first page!

One thing you're not realizing is that Fiverr has changed a lot since your initial days and it is now over-saturated in most of the categories!! So what worked a few years back, will not work at all now. 

Also, why should Fiverr show new gigs on page 1?? Why do new sellers expect it like platform owes it to them??🧐

Remember that, everyone is doing the same SEO. All new sellers here do the SAME set of things with their gigs, then how can they expect different results?? They all use the same "cliched terms" and ask the "same questions". 

Nobody is trying to be unique or exceptionally good as a professional but just relying on gimmicky tricks n tips for clicks, impressions and page 1 rank!! 🫠

• Like 3
  • Up 3