Hello. Help me please

vladyslav_d_

Question

I am new to freelancing. I registered and wanted to create a new gig. But when I got to the third point, where I need to add my description, I ran into a problem. When I add my description, it automatically disappears for some reason and I can't add it anyway. Now the gig is in draft and when I try to edit, I can't add the description again. Please tell me how to solve this problem?

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Strangely, I know what you're talking about ;D I have encountered a similar bug many times. 

What you have to do is have your entire description in a Google doc or Word doc.

Then you need to click on edit. Goto where you write the description, then copy-paste your full description from the google doc you have.

Then you click Save & Preview.

See if your description is correctly displaying. If it does. Great!

If not, repeat the process again. 

Hope that makes sense!

• Like 3

Though I think pasting from Word can sometimes put non-visible characters in the description that can cause problems for Fiverr's text editor.

I agree it's best to keep a copy of the description in a document in case needed.

You could also try refreshing the page (ctrl F5) and if pasting it doesn't work try pasting it first into something that will remove non-visible characters from it (tab characters etc.) like notepad (eg. saving it as plain text).

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

Чи пробували ви вставити його в блокнот Windows, зберегти як звичайний текст у блокноті (або щось інше, що видалить усі нестандартні символи ASCII), перезавантажити версію з простим текстом, скопіювати його та вставити в опис концерту (після перезавантаження сторінка концерту з ctrl F5)?

Yes

4 minutes ago, vladyslav_d_ said:

Yes

Are you entering the gig description in English or another language? Maybe Fiverr's gig description editor doesn't support some of the characters you are entering.

If you still can't get it working you could contact Fiverr customer support at the help desk about it at https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets

though there might be less people in available in Fiverr support at weekends.

Edited by uk1000

14 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Ви вводите опис концерту англійською чи іншою мовою? Можливо, редактор опису концерту Fiverr не підтримує деякі символи, які ви вводите.

Якщо ви все ще не можете налагодити його роботу, ви можете зв’язатися зі службою підтримки клієнтів Fiverr у довідковій службі за адресою https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets

хоча у вихідні дні в службі підтримки Fiverr може бути менше людей.

I use a translator. But the text is copied or if I enter it, I do it in English. thanks for the help

• Up 1

21 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

Дивно, але я знаю, про що ви говорите; Я багато разів стикався з подібною помилкою. 

Що вам потрібно зробити, це мати весь опис у документі Google або Word.

Потім потрібно натиснути на редагувати. Перейдіть до місця написання опису, а потім скопіюйте та вставте свій повний опис із документа Google, який у вас є.

Потім натисніть «Зберегти та переглянути».

Перевірте, чи правильно відображається ваш опис. Якщо так. Чудово!

Якщо ні, повторіть процес ще раз. 

Сподіваюся, це має сенс!

Thank you very much for your help, but nothing worked. When I inserted the finished description, it immediately disappeared. Then I clicked save and review, then an error appeared and it said that the description needs at least 120 characters.

2 minutes ago, vladyslav_d_ said:

but nothing worked. When I inserted the finished description, it immediately disappeared.

Have you tried pasting it into Windows Notepad, saving it as plain text in notepad (or something else that will remove any non standard ASCII chars), reloading the version with plain text, copying that and pasting that into the gig description (after reloading the gig page with ctrl F5)?