The Telegram Scam

Hi everyone,

I frequently receive spam messages on Fiverr from people trying to contact me directly on Telegram or some other platform. These messages make up about 80% of my inbox on Fiverr. Fortunately, Fiverr blocks most of them automatically before I even need to report them.

I want to remind you that contacting clients outside of Fiverr goes against the platform's rules and can also pose security risks.

In some cases, such as for video conference consulting, you may need to use an outside channel to achieve the desired results with a client. However, try to keep this to a minimum and document as much as you can on Fiverr. The platform is here to ensure our security and ensure we get paid.

Let's talk about scammers. This is the term I'll use for individuals who study your profile on Fiverr and then contact you directly on Telegram to request services offered on Fiverr without using the platform.

Do not fall for this! You'll be on your own in these cases, and it's important to prioritize your security, regardless of how appealing the offer may seem. Insist on establishing a business relationship on Fiverr, and scammers will try to avoid it at all costs. This should raise a red flag and make you realize their bad intentions.

They are exceptionally good on speaking like super legit business. Be aware.

Recently, someone contacted me directly on Telegram, offering a high payment for a service without wanting to connect with me on Fiverr or make a contract. This is a clear warning sign.

So, pay attention to:

1. Direct contacts from outside Fiverr.

2. People who are unwilling to share personal or business information.

3. Individuals who do not want to conduct business on Fiverr.

4. Claims of payment upon delivery, which is not a standard practice on Fiverr or outside Fiverr.

5. Claims of secrecy to protect their company's reputation.

6. Promise to high earnings.

These are all red flags that should prompt you to walk away from the deal.

I understand that this is a recurring topic about scammers, but I felt it was necessary to update everyone on the direct, outside-Fiverr approaches that have been happening lately.

In conclusion, remember two things:

1. If contacted outside Fiverr, try to introduce Fiverr to the contact with your offer.

2. If you choose to close a deal without Fiverr when contacted directly, make sure you're prepared to do so with the same level of security you would have on the platform.

If you're ready, then you can proceed!

Best wishes,

• Like 17
  • Up 2

11 hours ago, creative_howl said:

I wouldn't even work with a genuine client on Telegram. It's the scam central of the internet.

Yes, you're right! Unfortunately, as 'Fiverrs' work globally, any platform may become necessary as part of an offer or outside work. I don't like it either.

THanks for the input and my best regards, ☺️ 

• Like 6

I’ve been getting flooded with spammy messages on Fiverr too, especially from people trying to move conversations to Telegram. It’s so frustrating. I've learned the hard way that sticking to Fiverr is way better for both security and getting paid. Whenever someone’s dodging Fiverr or pushing to do business outside, I get suspicious. It’s usually a scam. If the offer seems too good to be true or they’re making excuses, just walk away. Your security’s worth more than a quick deal.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, i guess there is a new scam method in Fiverr, The guy named "F.Help @f_esig57048510" sent me a screenshot photo "I'm leaving down" want me to verify my account, but i was already did that before. This guy Photo is suspicious too, and as i know, Fiverr never write from chat for any conversation, only mail. After i opened the mail, redirected me to verify page "I'm leaving down" and want to verify my payment methods. I don't even choose G-Pay for Paypal, only Card.

This is a new scam i guess. WHat you guys think? 

Fiverrhelp3.jpg

Fiverrhelp4.png

Fiverrhelp5.png

• Like 4

Please check the website URL and If it's not fiverr.com without any misspellings, DON'T CLICK IT.

Scammers are always on every platform nowadays. It's a good practice to identify them and avoid clicking any suspicious links. Just one click is enough to empty your whole bank and there will be nothing to do with the fiverr.

Edited by hanzas
  • Like 5