Should I trust this client?

koolvidus

Question

Hello everyone!

So I got a message from a Fiverr pro client, as I assume an agency and as Fiverr says a ,,good long-term client"

He said he is eager to work with me but he needs my email for the checkout process. As far as I'm concerned it is against Fiverr policy to share your personal contacts with the client cause you may get banned, and I really don't know what to do because it could be my first order ( I am a beginner, created my gig one week ago).

Should I give him my email?

What checkout process is he talking about?

Thank you!

Hope you all have a blessed day and full of orders!

• Like 4

6 answers to this question

16 hours ago, koolvidus said:

Hello everyone!

So I got a message from a Fiverr pro client, as I assume an agency and as Fiverr says a ,,good long-term client"

He said he is eager to work with me but he needs my email for the checkout process. As far as I'm concerned it is against Fiverr policy to share your personal contacts with the client cause you may get banned, and I really don't know what to do because it could be my first order ( I am a beginner, created my gig one week ago).

Should I give him my email?

What checkout process is he talking about?

Thank you!

Hope you all have a blessed day and full of orders!

@koolvidus

No, generally you should not share your email.
You can tell the buyer, "I need to talk to customer support about you are asking for my contact information; if they allow it, then I can share it with you."

I've also had similar experiences, and in that way, I feel both lucky and unlucky because I encountered several such buyers. The most fortunate thing was that one of them was a Fiverr-selected buyer, which was also the most unfortunate thing.

They are a kind of cunning scammer, and you should be careful about them; otherwise, you could fall into their trap.

Please have a look; I'm sharing my screenshot.

mess.png

mess2.png

• Like 3