I'm new here. Why can't I set $5 price?

rahul_singh456

Question

10 answers to this question

Because for certain subcategories there's a minimum price set for new gigs.

eg. in Programming & Tech->Website Development the min price for new gigs seems to be $80 but it will be different for other subcategories.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

33 minutes ago, rahul_singh456 said:

But those who are new may not be able to get orders. Can any solutions be found?

Think of it as the same situation in real life. What would you do if this was not online? How can you stand out with your business when there are many others? And by the way, the competition online is even fiercer, since you are dealing with people from everywhere in the world, not just a single region.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rahul_singh456 said:

But those who are new may not be able to get orders. Can any solutions be found?

And in your opinion, setting the price down to $5 will be the solution? Even Fiverr recognize the value of some categories by setting a minimum of price, so accept it.

Personally, I haven't set my price with $5 when I started selling here on Fiverr. But I still got an order.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, priyank_mod said:

Because Fiverr has decided to set a minimum selling price for your category and consequently, wants you to earn more money also.