Urgent Help Needed: Fiverr Account Restricted After Someone Tried To Reset The Account Password Using Email Address

Hello to everyone!

My account has been targeted by hacking attempts on two separate occasions (i.e. the hackers failed and just tried to gain access using my e-mail address to try to recover the password, but they didn't have access to my e- mails). I received emails requesting password resets, which prompted me to contact Fiverr support team immediately. In my initial email, I explained that I had already changed both my password and email address as precautionary measures. I also asked if they could help me find out who it was and help me further secure my account.

However, instead of receiving the assistance I sought, my account was immediately restricted. This has led to an extremely frustrating and stressful situation, as I now have over 200+ active orders and numerous ongoing projects with clients in my Inbox. Due to the account restriction, I am unable to communicate with my clients in Inbox, which is causing significant distress for both myself and them.

I provided my ID which was approved, my phone, my payment info, my old and new email addresses , answered the security question and ran all the antiviruses possible (provided support with the screenshots).

The day after my account was restricted, a support representative responded to my ticket after 15 hours, asking me to repeat the same verification steps I had already completed. They mentioned awaiting a response from another team, and since then, I have not received any further updates. Additionally, I was not provided with any timeline for resolution, which is critical in this situation. As a result, some of my projects have been canceled, my account level started to drop from Level 2 to 1st Level, , and I have lost a substantial amount of income.

My clients are now reaching out to me via Instagram, asking why I am unresponsive on Fiverr. I've been working hard on my ratings for almost 5 years and the feedback from my clients is proof of that.

Maybe someone has had experience in solving such situations and can provide some information?🙏🙏

Also, please @Fiverr Support, @Kesha , @Lena please help me resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Valeria

Edited by valeriiaty
  • Like 10
  • Sad 5
  • Up 1
  • Support 2

@valeriiaty  I had the same ssue this morning.  It would appear there is a new targeted attack on our accounts.   I woke up to being prompted to log into my account, and several email asking for a password reset. (Which I didn't request)

I contacted CS who told me nothing was untoward, but now based on your message, I think we should all be a little more vigilant. 

Hope it all  works out for you! 

• Like 9
  • Sad 5
  • Up 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, valeriiaty said:

Maybe someone has had experience in solving such situations and can provide some information?🙏🙏

I had the same experience, it took some days but Fiverr reinstated my account and also restored my level in the next 24 hours. So wait for CS's response I hope they'll reinstate your account after verifying the required details.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

Hello, I am a Fiverr Pro seller. Last night, someone gained access to my Fiverr account and changed the password. I immediately reset my password and changed all my security settings. I also contacted the support team, and they have disabled my account.

Today, I lost my Top Rated status, and my account has been flagged. Customer service is not responding to my messages. Please help me.

@Kesha @Lena

Edited by nexency_01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nexency_01 said:

Hello, I am a Fiverr Pro seller. Last night, someone gained access to my Fiverr account and changed the password. I immediately reset my password and changed all my security settings. I also contacted the support team, and they have disabled my account.

Today, I lost my Top Rated status, and my account has been flagged. Customer service is not responding to my messages. Please help me.

@Kesha @Lena

Some thing has happened to me. Over a year and a half of hard work gone. 😥

Edited by necramedia
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, they gained access to my account somehow, changed my accounts nickname, logo and started to mass spam sellers with some pdf file with very likely phishing link. Luckily i managed to change my password before they did, but now my account is restricted and i can't do any thing. Was about to hit seller level 2, so basically, that is dead in the water.

• Like 1

Just now, necramedia said:

Yes, they gained access to my account somehow, changed my accounts nickname, logo and started to mass spam sellers with some pdf file with very likely phishing link. Luckily i managed to change my password before they did, but now my account is restricted and i can't do any thing. Was about to hit seller level 2, so basically, that is dead in the water.

• oh no , whats going on fiverr now days...😪Your account has been flagged for a severe violation of Fiverr policie? OR LEVEL system is normal?
  • Like 1

This is what customer support always does when you report any unusual activity on your account, and it's such a disturbing stage to go through verification and review (which can even take weeks).

Right now, of course, nothing can be done other than waiting for their response, but I think customer support should really change their approach. I understand that they're doing this to protect their platform (and even the seller), but in cases where a hacking attempt is "unsuccessful" -- instead of completely banning the account, they should just restrict new device logins, chats with new buyers, certain functionalities like withdrawing money or making purchases. Completely banning the account doesn't make any sense.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

This is what customer support always does when you report any unusual activity on your account, and it's such a disturbing stage to go through verification and review (which can even take weeks).

Right now, of course, nothing can be done other than waiting for their response, but I think customer support should really change their approach. I understand that they're doing this to protect their platform (and even the seller), but in cases where a hacking attempt is "unsuccessful" -- instead of completely banning the account, they should just restrict new device logins, chats with new buyers, certain functionalities like withdrawing money or making purchases. Completely banning the account doesn't make any sense.

It might make sense; Fiverr doesn't have to take any risk. Sellers are random people, and they can't sue Fiverr because they are spread all over the world, making it very unlikely. Therefore, Fiverr doesn't give a damn. This is a disturbing truth. If these victims get permanently banned, it proves Fiverr is not worth joining. Freelancers should not take a risk in such an unsafe place. There should be an alternative approach. Of course, if the Fiverr support team eventually revives our accounts, I would be wrong.

By the way, the Fiverr support team might be on vacation, so they could procrastinate on what they should do. Automated messages prove this. We are just random dudes to them.

Over the past six years, I have earned at least $100,000 on Fiverr and generated around $30,000 in revenue for Fiverr, which is 25% of my earnings. My future earning potential is even higher. Due to Fiverr's unpredictable support service, it seems they are prioritizing security even at the cost of their revenue. Emotionally, it feels like something unfair is going on, but I want to believe they are doing what they have to do because it brings me peace of mind. No matter how urgently I ask for a resolution, the response is always the same, and they never provide a deadline or an approximate schedule for resolution.

One piece of advice I would give to the Fiverr support team is to focus more on reducing the amygdala activation of hacked sellers. Something as simple as a genuine video message from a real person could help. Mentioning the seller's username directly in the video would ease their anxiety. Although there might be paranoid reactions suspecting it to be an AI-generated video, it would be much better than the current situation, where people are complaining about automated AI responses.

• Like 2

I am actually facing the exact same problem, where my password gets changed, i get automatically logged out, and the hacker attempts to hack into my email but fails.

This clearly is a security reason behind Fiverr then, because what I have done is secured all my email access, passwords, added two factor verification and purchased an expensive anti-virus tool to do a FULL system scan on my computer. Nothing wrong on my side.

My account is also being restricted, so am eager to hear what your solution is as well, good luck! I do believe Fiverr will hopefully fix all of this so it doesn't burden us sellers who've spent years building our business here with our trust

• Like 2

Update*

After a large number of messages to support and creating tickets, with a requests to explain the situation and explain how much longer it may take. They wrote me a more detailed answer with an approximate timeline and explaining that they have a large number of requests because of what they do not have time to sort out faster.

I want to explain that I understand that this is a standard procedure in such situations, but in turn support should provide an explanation of the options for resolving such a situation and an approximate timeline about when it can be resolved. Because when your Top Seller account which has been on the platform for almost 5 years and has more than 5000+ positive reviews on platform is just blocked and support responds once in 15 hours, it obviously leads to panic and misunderstanding.

I hope it's resolved soon and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. 

Thanks to all who have shared their experiences in similar situations! I'll keep you informed on the resolution of the situation.

• Like 3

Same thing happened with me , Woke up found few password reset tries emails , Immediately Reset my password , Contacted CS to secure my account as i was worried 😞 Account Restricted and flagged and still waiitng for information.

Provided Antivirus Scans , changed all passwords. 

I have a 10 Year old account and a Top Rated Seller. 

Now the wait is really stressful....

Edited by urpromovids
  • Like 2

I'm currently facing a similar issue with my Fiverr account, and I could really use some advice and support from those who might have experienced something similar.

Recently, my withdrawals were disabled (There are no issues with any of my orders), and I'm unable to access my funds. This situation is quite concerning and has caused a lot of stress. Here's a brief overview of the steps I've taken so far:

Contacted Fiverr Support: I reached out to customer support and provided the necessary information they requested, including:

The last four digits of my phone number.
My childhood nickname (security question answer).
My PayPal email.
My Payoneer Customer ID.
Support Response: The support representative, confirmed receipt of my information and forwarded my inquiry to the relevant team for review. I was told I would be updated on my ticket as soon as there was an update.

Follow-Up: Despite waiting for a response, I haven't heard back yet. I've followed up with the CS Team to expedite the process and inquire about the reason for the disablement, but I'm still awaiting a resolution.

I'm really concerned about this issue and the impact it's having on my ability to manage my finances. If anyone has experienced a similar situation or has any insights on how to resolve this more quickly, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you all for your support and understanding.

Best regards,
GFX Films

• Like 1