Order from Friend Account !

zain2021688

Question

My friend is a seller and he want to give some work to me through Fiverr . But my question is this that it would result to ban my account or not ? It would not fake order but a real order as he want to give work and I'm here to do work so can he place order . Would it be safe?

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, zain2021688 said:

My friend is a seller and he want to give some work to me through Fiverr . But my question is this that it would result to ban my account or not ? It would not fake order but a real order as he want to give work and I'm here to do work so can he place order . Would it be safe?

Years ago, we were told that it's allowed to get orders from friends and family, but that friends and family shouldn't give us reviews (and then those orders don't really help you much).

Both you and your friend might get in trouble if he orders from you. Worst case scenario, you both permanently lose your accounts, and any and all accounts that you make in the future.

Maybe nothing will happen, but is it worth the risk? If your friend is a successful seller, do you want to risk ruining it for him?

• Like 1
  • Up 2
  • Support 2

25 minutes ago, zain2021688 said:

Hi there.

Quite tricky and it depends on the situation. Anyway, if I have a friend (that I know very well) who wants to work with me, would I really use Fiverr? The risk is that Fiverr might consider it as a review manipulation. On the other hand, if we live in a different country, I think, there is no problem.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Support 1

1 minute ago, michmikaia said:

Hi there.

Quite tricky and it depends on the situation. Anyway, if I have a friend (that I know very well) who want to work with me, would I really use Fiverr? The risk is that Fiverr might consider it as a review manipulation. On the other hand, if we live in a different country, I think, there is no problem.

Yes you are right that if we both know each other then why here in fiverr. It's because it will help my profile to grow as it will be my first order.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, zain2021688 said:

It's because it will help my profile to grow as it will be my first order.

It's very easy to make out when you visit a new seller's profile and their first few reviews are from OTHER SELLERS from the SAME COUNTRY!! 😂

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

It's very easy to make out when you visit a new seller's profile and their first few reviews are from OTHER SELLERS from the SAME COUNTRY!!

Of course it could be a "real review", but unfortunately for sellers from certain regions, these kinds of reviews are almost all fake. This is because the Youtube gurus encourage them to get reviews that way. And then these sellers come and cry on the forum because Fiverr has blocked their account.

• Like 1
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

On 8/1/2024 at 1:55 AM, zain2021688 said:

Yes you are right that if we both know each other then why here in fiverr. It's because it will help my profile to grow as it will be my first order.

I highly recommend you pause your gigs immediately and read Fiverr's terms of service before you start selling.

Make sure you fully understand what it says and know what you're getting into.

TOS: https://www.fiverr.com/legal-portal/legal-terms/terms-of-service

Violating things mentioned in TOS could lead to losing access to the platform forever.

PS: You can definitely gain quick success by doing manipulative things. But you must remember that you can lose all of it just as quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Of course it could be a "real review", but unfortunately for sellers from certain regions, these kinds of reviews are almost all fake. This is because the Youtube gurus encourage them to get reviews that way. And then these sellers come and cry on the forum because Fiverr has blocked their account.

In addition, many new sellers think that after the first order, orders will come smoothly. Real reputation and fake reputation will be revealed sooner or later.

• Like 1
  • Up 2

10 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Years ago, we were told that it's allowed to get orders from friends and family, but that friends and family shouldn't give us reviews (and then those orders don't really help you much).

Both you and your friend might get in trouble if he orders from you. Worst case scenario, you both permanently lose your accounts, and any and all accounts that you make in the future.

Maybe nothing will happen, but is it worth the risk? If your friend is a successful seller, do you want to risk ruining it for him?

Thanks for helpful advice.

• Like 1

I am using seller account of my friend so the profile picture is of him . Now i want to attach intro video with my profile . What should I do?

• Should I add video with my face (will it effect my account)
  • Or can i remove my friend's profile pic and attach mine and then attach video.