Let me tell you how I started my career. I want to make it clear that arriving at Fiverr is not a starting point for amateurs but a milestone for serious professionals. Fiverr clients expect the best, so you can't sign up unless you are capable of producing quality work.

That said, back to my story. I started when I was 13 years old. I began as a folk and country guitarist. I remember the first piece I learned to play was "Bermuda Triangle Exit" by Stephan Grossman. For those who don't know it, here's a link to SoundCloud where you can listen to it for free: Bermuda Triangle Exit.

I used to play for small groups, honestly avoiding large audiences. So, mostly small groups, friends mostly, but the idea that music could become my profession was taking root in me more and more. Playing for these small groups taught me valuable skills such as attention to detail, the importance of practice, and how to engage an audience, no matter the size. These skills became incredibly useful later on as a freelancer.

After a few years, my father gave me an incredible gift: a Korg M1 keyboard that revolutionized my life. Not only did I begin to combine my knowledge as a guitarist with new skills as a keyboardist, but I also realized the incredible power of sequencing and workstations (the Korg M1 was not just a simple keyboard) and the potential for the future. This new tool helped me understand the technical aspects of music production, which is essential for delivering high-quality work to clients on Fiverr.

With the Korg M1, I produced my first soundtrack for a video game, a MUD (Multi-User Dungeon), which were very popular at the time. I created the entire soundtrack, from the Title Theme to the battle themes and various locations. This project opened up new horizons for me and taught me how to work on long-term projects, manage time effectively, and communicate with other creatives, all essential skills for a successful freelancing career.

At that point, I couldn't do anything but register with SIAE (the performance rights organization in Italy, which at the time required two exams to complete the registration) as a composer and author, and be registered with these professional roles. Today, I am registered with the American ASCAP.

The first piece I registered with SIAE, "New Millennium," had incredible success and quickly climbed the world New Age charts. It was at that moment that I dedicated myself completely to music. This achievement was a testament to my dedication and the importance of continuously learning and improving, which is a key mindset for any professional, especially those on platforms like Fiverr.

Here is the track "New Millennium" on Spotify: New Millennium

Throughout my journey, the skills I developed—from technical proficiency to project management—have been invaluable. They not only shaped me as a musician but also prepared me for the demands of freelancing on Fiverr. For those aspiring to reach such platforms, it's important to remember that continuous learning, dedication, and professionalism are essential.

• Like 25
  • Up 3
  • Support 1

1 hour ago, manuelmarino said:

I want to make it clear that arriving at Fiverr is not a starting point for amateurs but a milestone for serious professionals. Fiverr clients expect the best, so you can't sign up unless you are capable of producing quality work.

Well said.

Unfortunately, Fiverr is currently flooded with sellers without talent.
They almost all come from the same area in Asia, create Fiverr profiles that are full of untruths (skills, language skills, studies, teams, number of completed projects, fictitious clients, years of experience, etc...). I reported another one today who uses a profile picture of someone from the USA.

Of course, not all of these new sellers are like that. Professionals (like you) will be successful on Fiverr. The sellers with little or no talent have no future on Fiverr. It even seems that Fiverr is rejecting more and more new seller accounts.

• Like 16
  • Up 2

10 hours ago, manuelmarino said:

Let me tell you how I started my career. I want to make it clear that arriving at Fiverr is not a starting point for amateurs but a milestone for serious professionals. Fiverr clients expect the best, so you can't sign up unless you are capable of producing quality work.

That said, back to my story. I started when I was 13 years old. I began as a folk and country guitarist. I remember the first piece I learned to play was "Bermuda Triangle Exit" by Stephan Grossman. For those who don't know it, here's a link to SoundCloud where you can listen to it for free: Bermuda Triangle Exit.

I used to play for small groups, honestly avoiding large audiences. So, mostly small groups, friends mostly, but the idea that music could become my profession was taking root in me more and more. Playing for these small groups taught me valuable skills such as attention to detail, the importance of practice, and how to engage an audience, no matter the size. These skills became incredibly useful later on as a freelancer.

After a few years, my father gave me an incredible gift: a Korg M1 keyboard that revolutionized my life. Not only did I begin to combine my knowledge as a guitarist with new skills as a keyboardist, but I also realized the incredible power of sequencing and workstations (the Korg M1 was not just a simple keyboard) and the potential for the future. This new tool helped me understand the technical aspects of music production, which is essential for delivering high-quality work to clients on Fiverr.

With the Korg M1, I produced my first soundtrack for a video game, a MUD (Multi-User Dungeon), which were very popular at the time. I created the entire soundtrack, from the Title Theme to the battle themes and various locations. This project opened up new horizons for me and taught me how to work on long-term projects, manage time effectively, and communicate with other creatives, all essential skills for a successful freelancing career.

At that point, I couldn't do anything but register with SIAE (the performance rights organization in Italy, which at the time required two exams to complete the registration) as a composer and author, and be registered with these professional roles. Today, I am registered with the American ASCAP.

The first piece I registered with SIAE, "New Millennium," had incredible success and quickly climbed the world New Age charts. It was at that moment that I dedicated myself completely to music. This achievement was a testament to my dedication and the importance of continuously learning and improving, which is a key mindset for any professional, especially those on platforms like Fiverr.

Here is the track "New Millennium" on Spotify: New Millennium

Throughout my journey, the skills I developed—from technical proficiency to project management—have been invaluable. They not only shaped me as a musician but also prepared me for the demands of freelancing on Fiverr. For those aspiring to reach such platforms, it's important to remember that continuous learning, dedication, and professionalism are essential.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us! I always enjoy reading post from you as they are always filled with inspiration and valuable advice. You're such a wonderful asset to the community. 💚

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Thanks for sharing your journey with us! I always enjoy reading post from you as they are always filled with inspiration and valuable advice. You're such a wonderful asset to the community. 💚

Thanks so much, Kesha 😊👍

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Leadership Lessons From Game Development and Freelancing

Over the past two years, I've been deeply involved in developing a role-playing game (RPG) in a Senior role. This project has been a journey of passion, creativity, and intense learning. At the same time, I've also been working as a freelancer on Fiverr, where I've applied these leadership lessons to my freelance work. These experiences have taught me valuable insights into leadership, which are not only essential in the gaming industry but also directly applicable to freelancing. Here are the key leadership lessons I've learned through these experiences.

1. Authenticity and Integrity

Working on a role-playing game has shown me the importance of authenticity in leadership. Creating a game that resonates with players requires staying true to the vision and the story we want to tell. This commitment to authenticity has reinforced the importance of integrity in my leadership style. Whether it's making decisions in the game development process or interacting with clients on Fiverr, being honest and consistent has helped build trust and credibility. In freelancing, where relationships are often built on short-term interactions, maintaining integrity is essential for repeat business and positive reviews.

2. Resilience in the Face of Challenges

The process of developing a complex RPG is fraught with challenges—technical difficulties, creative differences, and tight deadlines are just a few. These challenges have taught me the value of resilience. When faced with setbacks, the ability to keep pushing forward is essential. This resilience is equally important in freelancing, where projects can fall through, clients can be difficult, and competition is fierce. By staying resilient, I've learned to navigate the ups and downs of freelancing, ensuring that I deliver high-quality work even in the face of adversity.

3. Time Management and Prioritization

Balancing a demanding Senior role in game development with my freelancing activities on Fiverr has been a true test of my time management skills. I've had to learn how to prioritize tasks effectively, ensuring that both my game development responsibilities and my freelance projects are completed on time and to a high standard. Time management is critical in both roles; in game development, it’s about meeting deadlines and keeping the project on track, while in freelancing, it’s about managing multiple clients and projects simultaneously without compromising quality.

4. Empathy and Emotional Intelligence

Working closely with a team to develop an RPG has highlighted the importance of empathy and emotional intelligence in leadership. Understanding the perspectives and challenges of my team members has helped foster a collaborative and supportive work environment. This lesson has been invaluable in my freelancing as well. By showing empathy towards my clients—understanding their needs, constraints, and goals—I’ve been able to build stronger, more productive relationships. Emotional intelligence has also helped me manage client expectations and handle difficult situations with professionalism and tact.

5. Vision and Strategic Thinking

As a Senior team member on an RPG project, having a clear vision is essential. I’ve learned to think strategically about the game’s development, from initial concept to final execution. This involves not only setting long-term goals but also anticipating potential challenges and making informed decisions. In freelancing, this strategic thinking translates into setting clear objectives for my business, identifying growth opportunities, and planning how to achieve them. Whether it's targeting a new market on Fiverr or expanding my skill set, having a vision helps guide my decisions and actions.

6. Continuous Learning and Growth

Developing a game is a continuous learning process, with new technologies, trends, and creative ideas constantly emerging. Embracing this mindset of continuous learning has been essential in both my role-playing game project and my freelancing career. On Fiverr, staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and continuously improving my skills has allowed me to offer more value to my clients. This commitment to growth not only enhances my capabilities but also keeps me competitive in the fast-paced world of freelancing.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...