Fiverr took my money (I'm a buyer) without giving me my order

marlon_ffa

Question

I completed payment and then it said it could not process. Yet, fiverr has taken my money. When I go to orders nothing is there. I have effectively been stolen from. Any solutions? I opened up a bug report but that takes 12 hours to get a response, any way I can get help immediately? I am thinking of charging back and not bothering.

fiverr theft cart.png

Screenshot_2024-07-26-18-59-36-863_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Hello @marlon_ffa 

Rest assured that Fiverr hasn't taken your money. This appears to be a scam. You did a great thing by reporting this user to our Customer Support so that they can take the appropriate steps. We apologize for the delayed response. The reason for that is that we are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries. We appreciate your patience. 

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you for your understanding. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lena said:

Hello @marlon_ffa 

Rest assured that Fiverr hasn't taken your money. This appears to be a scam. You did a great thing by reporting this user to our Customer Support so that they can take the appropriate steps. We apologize for the delayed response. The reason for that is that we are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries. We appreciate your patience. 

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you for your understanding. 

How is it a scam? They have many positive reviews and I went through the fiverr site. I went through the fiverr ordering system. I have attached the url, it is not a phishing url, it is the fiverr url.

Fiverr session ID.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marlon_ffa said:

How is it a scam? They have many positive reviews and I went through the fiverr site. I went through the fiverr ordering system. I have attached the url, it is not a phishing url, it is the fiverr url.

Fiverr session ID.png

Just to be on the safe side, our Customer Support will review it and get back to you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lena said:

Just to be on the safe side, our Customer Support will review it and get back to you. 

Could be a scam somehow (because they are so common right now) , but now that you mention it one of my customers had trouble ordering - I think last week - as well? They didn't realise they didn't place the order (and they aren't new) so maybe that's something to look into! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Could be a scam somehow (because they are so common right now) , but now that you mention it one of my customers had trouble ordering - I think last week - as well? They didn't realise they didn't place the order (and they aren't new) so maybe that's something to look into! 

Exactly. It could be a bug but it could also be a scam. That is why it is best to be reviewed by the relevant team. 

• Like 1