Received a message asking me to scan a code for payment - is it a scam?

rjpena

Question

Please help. I received this image asking me to scan the code to receive funds for a payment. Not knowing any better, I did so. It took me to a page that looked like fiver, then asked me to input my card. Then it took me to a chat page and asked me to put my card details in,  I said i already had on the desktop. Then I said use my paypal. It said I could only put my card. Obviously I didn't. 

As I am new to the site can someone explain how i receive orders? 

Thanks. 

RJ Pena 

IMG_9853A10E500C-1.jpeg

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

This is scam, block or report them.

If any one make an order on your gig, message will show with your gig link. Then you simply click on your gig and receive your order. 

This kind of link ask to give them your card information. Don't share any info otherwise you may lose your money.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rjpena said:

Please help. I received this image asking me to scan the code to receive funds for a payment. Not knowing any better, I did so. It took me to a page that looked like fiver, then asked me to input my card. Then it took me to a chat page and asked me to put my card details in,  I said i already had on the desktop. Then I said use my paypal. It said I could only put my card. Obviously I didn't. 

As I am new to the site can someone explain how i receive orders? 

Thanks. 

RJ Pena 

IMG_9853A10E500C-1.jpeg

Here is some stuff for you:
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/330548-handling-spam-messages/#comment-2065444 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Hi @rjpena, Yes, it is a scam, we should be careful and know its types.

These are all scams and we should beware of them. Types of scams should be known. There are many topics about this in fiber forum, read them to get an idea about this type of scam.

And such links or QR code should never be scanned or clicked.  And fiber usually automatically detects them and neutralizes or blocks them. Such scams will never impact the response rating.  Such notifications or mails will usually come from Fiber.

So nothing to worry be careful, happy freelancing 😊

Thanks
Nion

• Like 1