How to send drafts to clients?

gaurisinghal_

Question

Hi!

I am designing 4 web banners for a client and the client asked me to share the first draft so he can review it and tell what direction we should go in.. so how should I send it to the client? should I attach it as a normal message or should I use the "make delivery option"

• Like 5

8 answers to this question

Think of it like this: is this your final product? No, so it's not a final delivery. I would send the images in your inbox and ensure the buyer is satisfied before completing the order.

Another situation might involve an inexperienced buyer who sees the delivery but does not understand that they can request revisions. There is a high chance that they accept the order but leave a bad review because they think you did not deliver the final result. Also, with the new Fiverr metrics, I think the algorithm views it negatively when an order gets a revision. So in the end, no matter what, I would suggest doing everything in the inbox until the final moment of delivery. That is the option with the least risk!

• Like 7
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, thejamuhh said:

Think of it like this: is this your final product? No, so it's not a final delivery. I would send the images in your inbox and ensure the buyer is satisfied before completing the order.

Another situation might involve an inexperienced buyer who sees the delivery but does not understand that they can request revisions. There is a high chance that they accept the order but leave a bad review because they think you did not deliver the final result. Also, with the new Fiverr metrics, I think the algorithm views it negatively when an order gets a revision. So in the end, no matter what, I would suggest doing everything in the inbox until the final moment of delivery. That is the option with the least risk!

okay but there are many revisions that are been asked for this way?
and what if all the drafts are used by the client?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gaurisinghal_ said:

okay but there are many revisions that are been asked for this way?

I don't understand what you mean with this part

1 hour ago, gaurisinghal_ said:

and what if all the drafts are used by the client?

You could watermark these previews. If i remember correctly, fiverr adds watermarks to all images you send in the inbox (I don't know for sure but I ordered something 2 years ago for a company i work for and I think I remember watermarks in the inbox images) But if a buyer uses those drafts, that's his/her own problem. If you clearly communicate that this is a preview, I don't see a reason for a buyer to use the draft design. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thejamuhh said:

I don't understand what you mean with this part

You could watermark these previews. If i remember correctly, fiverr adds watermarks to all images you send in the inbox (I don't know for sure but I ordered something 2 years ago for a company i work for and I think I remember watermarks in the inbox images) But if a buyer uses those drafts, that's his/her own problem. If you clearly communicate that this is a preview, I don't see a reason for a buyer to use the draft design. 

I meant that when i am sending drafts in inbox there are a lot of revisions, whereas in my offer I said only 3 revisions.. so can I tell the client that this limit of revisions is over if I send him the design in inbox?

Also the watermark feature is not there in the inbox, but yeah I get what you are saying. Thank you for the help!

• Like 3

If you have a max revisions of 3, then that's it. If a client wants more, he can pay for more. Make sure to tell this in a professional way for example:

"Dear [Client's Name],

I hope this message finds you well.

While I would love to continue working on your project, I must bring to your attention that my gig offer includes a maximum of three revisions, which you agreed to. We have already surpassed this limit. If you would like to request an additional revision, I can provide an extra offer for that service.

If additional revisions payments are not desired, I regret to inform you that I will be unable to continue working on this project. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope we can resolve this matter effectively.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kindest regards,

[Your Name]"

Sad thing with this it that it mostly results in a negative review. but you can respond to that review with "this customer did not want to pay for more revisions, my inital offer was for 3 revisions"

what would help is to also highlight what the revisions where "text revisions which I did not receive proper files from" "complete change of the projects" (these are just examples.

• Like 4

Also worth to note the difference between a draft and a "revision stage project"

if he wants changes in the sketch, that's ok ofcourse.

another suggestion would be to clearly state in your inbox when you feel like a revision took place.

sentences implying that would be:

"let's go another way with the project"
"can you remove (a large part) and change it up using this"
"I made a mistake in my text document, here is a new one"
"I actually liked the first concept more (after starting to work on the second one already)"

Hope this helps! Good luck!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thejamuhh said:

Also worth to note the difference between a draft and a "revision stage project"

if he wants changes in the sketch, that's ok ofcourse.

another suggestion would be to clearly state in your inbox when you feel like a revision took place.

sentences implying that would be:

"let's go another way with the project"
"can you remove (a large part) and change it up using this"
"I made a mistake in my text document, here is a new one"
"I actually liked the first concept more (after starting to work on the second one already)"

Hope this helps! Good luck!

The client has used the sentences you mentioned, and I have done multiple revisions. So I can now tell him that his limit his over and if he wants more revisions he will have to pay?

• Like 2

It's a bit difficult in this case. Since you did not cleary state while talking before that the changes where revisions. You could try it this way. And if he refuses, find a middle ground for example. "I will do this final revision, but you are already over the max amount. Please make the project clear enough for me to finish it without revisions" 

Just keep in mind with the next client. That you either need to clearly state when a revision is made (in inbox) or do it with delivering the project. But the rating of a customer can also be lower due to keep seeing "delivered" as a pop-up. (and then having to request changes multiple times)

I think the Fiverr platform could really benefit from a "send for revision" or a "preview delivery" option, in which the project is not delivered, but the client could give a final approval. But sadly thats not the case

• Like 2
  • Up 1