​ After 6 days, all the sellers from Bangladesh got connected to the internet⁉️ -- ​is everyone doing fine in Bangladesh?

akib0079

After 6 days, all the sellers from Bangladesh got connected to the internet⁉️

Due to the recent protests in Bangladesh, all of us got disconnected. is everyone doing fine in Bangladesh?
Really had a tough week, after getting back online I just saw that my status was set to available automatically till 24th July, did this happen to all the sellers from Bangladesh?

• Like 14
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to know as well.   Thank you for posting or starting this topic/thread. 

I have a project awaiting revisions & response from my freelancer.  I'm glad I saw this - at least it gives me a temporary reason for days of no response.  I've never used Fiverr before & was getting worried I wouldn't receive the design/project I need & paid for, etc. 

I hope all & everyone is ok there.   And anxiously waiting to hear from my freelancer too. 

Best to all  :)  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jb_liquidlyft said:

at least it gives me a temporary reason for days of no response

as far as I am assuming it was enabled automatically due to our circumstance.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, jb_liquidlyft said:

I have a project awaiting revisions & response from my freelancer.

thanks for being patient, currently network connections are still unstable, and mobile network roaming is still under maintenance, some wifi/broadband connections are getting back on track. Hopefully, all the freelancers will get back within tomorrow.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A very hectic few days. One of my orders were marked 'VERY LATE' unfortunately, I hope it doesn't affect my account. I've just gotten access to the internet. Informed my buyers about the outings and reassured that work will continue very soon. I hope Fiverr does something about this so we face no consequences for something that was out of our hands.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

I had wanted to work with a lady from Bangeldesh. I got the notice she was out until the 23rd (today). She replied today and I told her I would reach out in an hour as I was out driving. When I came back Fivver said she was now out until the 25th. 

I feel bad this has impacted so many in Bangeldesh. However, I will wait for her. No reason she should lose work over this. 

Hope you all are safe and doing better.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

12 hours ago, reza_e said:

A very hectic few days. One of my orders were marked 'VERY LATE'

you really faced an issue on this, you should definitely inform Fiverr support regarding this. hopefully, it won't affect the success score

• Like 5

11 hours ago, moniquecassis said:

I feel bad this has impacted so many in Bangeldesh. However, I will wait for her. No reason she should lose work over this. 

A big thank you from me too, for being this much considerate of us.
still, network connections are down it was turned on for some testing purposes, today only industrial connections are working so that offices and banks can operate.

• Like 5

Very unfortunate, very tragic, very disruptive, very emotional and very panicky situation. So many people, during the riot and clash, died. May they rest in peace!

The net line is still very very slow. Good thing is, Fiverr has automatically put our availability status in inactive mode. I have not activated my availability status yet, because I want to make sure things are stable. I am concerned that if the net goes down again, the active account may be in trouble again. So, going slow. Will wait till tomorrow for getting back to fully active mode.

I have sent messages to my buyers regarding the internet blackout situation of our country. My buyers/clients have been very patience and understanding(as they always are).

Let's hope things are gonna get better soon.

Stay safe, stay fine.

Edited by designelitely
  • Like 8

As a Bangladeshi freelancer, It's difficult to stay connected with clients and complete projects on time. Wifi/Broadband is partially restored, but mobile internet is still unreliable. This disruption has caused significant challenges, affecting not just work but also communication and daily life. Many freelancers like me are hoping for a quick resolution so we can resume normal life.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, designelitely said:

the active account may be in trouble again. So, going slow. Will wait till tomorrow for getting back to fully active mode.

Yes on my end, connections are still unstable. hopefully, it will be fixed very soon

• Like 5

As we get back online, it's significant to learn from this experience and work towards ensuring that such disruptions do not happen again I think so difficulty to access international clients and job opportunities.. 

Edited by angel_alo
misspell
  • Like 6

• angel_alo changed the title to Come back again after completely disconnected from the internet!

late orders won't affect to success score due to the Internet blackout in Bangladesh. Fiverr sent a mail about this. Most of my orders are "Very late" & it's not affecting my success score and analytics. I'm glad my buyers didn't cancel their orders, they were more worried about me than the projects 🙂

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, angel_alo said:

As we get back online, it's significant to learn from this experience and work towards ensuring that such disruptions do not happen again I think so difficulty to access international clients and job opportunities.. 

Welcome back
All the best

• Like 6

• sayeedseo98 changed the title to After network outage we are back on Fiverr.
On 7/23/2024 at 9:30 PM, akib0079 said:

After 6 days, all the sellers from Bangladesh got connected to the internet⁉️

Due to the recent protests in Bangladesh, all of us got disconnected. is everyone doing fine in Bangladesh?
Really had a tough week, after getting back online I just saw that my status was set to available automatically till 24th July, did this happen to all the sellers from Bangladesh?

my status was set to available automatically till 24th July, yes same

• Like 6

I think this is such an important topic to raise. This is one more reason why making sure your location is correctly placed on Fiverr. I communicate with so many buyers who say they are in the US but the TimeZone doesn’t match. It’s confusing and can disrupt the workflow if the freelancer is working in another country or TimeZone but is not honest about it. 

The Bangladesh freelancers were assisted by Fiverr because they honestly work in the TimeZone and country where they Are located.

In my opinion, the US people are sometimes ignorant of other global issues and automatically assume the worst. Many people haven’t traveled outside of the country or even their own state. 

The only way to help ignorance is to educate about the challenges and conditions of places outside their own protected bubble and comfort zone. We in the US sometimes gripe about the power being off because of a storm or someone hit a tree, but it’s a completely different stress and worry when the government or politics of an area are in charge of such an outage. 

I know Fiverr freelancers are some of the toughest people in the workforce and times like these prove the resilience and tenacity it takes to STAY a Fiverr freelancer.

Bangladesh has a thriving in person Fiverr community and I hope that can help each other and be a support at this time. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

Government still keep restriction on using internet in Bangladesh except for few areas and also WiFi and mobile data are also still restricted. Currently we are using internet with low speed, hope soon Bangladesh will comeback in normal situation. But in 6 days loose impression too much, two gigs are below 100......... don't know what to do

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, melissaharlowvo said:

Bangladesh has a thriving in person Fiverr community and I hope that can help each other and be a support at this time. 

we do hope the same. in this situation, we humbly request everyone's assistance.
as situation here still somewhat normal, should get better within the upcoming week

• Like 5

Wow, I've been without internet for almost a week, and now that it's back, it's too slow to work with. Mobile internet is still down, and I know a few fellow members who rely on it, so they'll have to wait a bit longer. Luckily, I didn't have any active gigs when the internet was cut off, but I did have a couple of unread new messages. Now, I have some warning signs on my Response rate. I'll wait a week to see if it recovers automatically; otherwise, I'll ask my support manager if he can do anything about it. Besides this, I hope all Fiverr Bangladeshi fellow members are safe and sound. So many national resources were damaged, and many people lost their lives during the unrest and riots. I feel deeply sorry for their loss. I hope this unrest doesn't escalate any further. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

Wow! It breaks my heart to hear of the horrific situation currently happening in Bangladesh. You all remain in our thoughts and we want you to know that we are here for you! 💚 Hoping things continue to look up for the better.

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, wp_kid said:

Wow, I've been without internet for almost a week, and now that it's back, it's too slow to work with. Mobile internet is still down, and I know a few fellow members who rely on it, so they'll have to wait a bit longer. Luckily, I didn't have any active gigs when the internet was cut off, but I did have a couple of unread new messages. Now, I have some warning signs on my Response rate. I'll wait a week to see if it recovers automatically; otherwise, I'll ask my support manager if he can do anything about it. Besides this, I hope all Fiverr Bangladeshi fellow members are safe and sound. So many national resources were damaged, and many people lost their lives during the unrest and riots. I feel deeply sorry for their loss. I hope this unrest doesn't escalate any further. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

Hi there! Our customer support team is aware of the situation happening in your nation and they are ready to help you through these times. If your response rate has been affected due to the internet outage, please contact them and they will be happy to assist with getting it restored. 

• Like 12