Unauthorized Account Access & Account Concerns (Level System Impact)

faraz_ahmadani

Question

Hello Fiverr Community and Staff,

I am writing to report a serious issue with my Fiverr account. Approximately one month ago, I created my gig, and everything was functioning smoothly until July 13, 2024.

On Saturday, July 13th, a client contacted me through my inbox. We discussed a meeting, and I provided a quote. The client indicated they would decide by the following morning whether to proceed with my services.

Later that day, I continued working on projects in my queue and interacted with other clients through the messaging system. However, shortly thereafter, I received a message from a seller stating, "Stop it."

I immediately opened Fiverr and saw that someone had sent numerous custom offers to sellers along with spam links from my inbox. I am fully aware of Fiverr's policies regarding such activity and would never engage in it myself.

I rushed to the security settings to secure my account. I noticed that unauthorized access had been granted from a location identified as either Khuzdar or Kazakhstan (I apologize for any inaccuracy regarding the specific location). I signed out the unauthorized user and changed my password. Additionally, I enabled two-factor authentication for enhanced security.

Following these steps, I reported the incident to the Fiverr support team. In their response, they informed me that my transactions had been temporarily disabled. They also stated that the case had been forwarded to the appropriate team and advised me to change my password and secure my account, which I had already completed.

Unfortunately, I subsequently observed a decrease in my Fiverr level.

On the following day, I received an email from the support team indicating that my account had been flagged. I then submitted another ticket explaining the unauthorized access incident and requesting clarification regarding the impact on my level system. However, I have not yet received a response to this ticket.

Furthermore, I sent a follow-up email to the support team who initially handled my case. Unfortunately, this email has also gone unanswered.

I am kindly requesting assistance from a member of the Fiverr staff regarding this situation. I am very concerned about the unauthorized access to my account and the potential impact on my ability to use the platform effectively.

Sincerely,

Faraz Ahmadani

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

11 hours ago, faraz_ahmadani said:

Hello Fiverr Community and Staff,

I am writing to report a serious issue with my Fiverr account. Approximately one month ago, I created my gig, and everything was functioning smoothly until July 13, 2024.

On Saturday, July 13th, a client contacted me through my inbox. We discussed a meeting, and I provided a quote. The client indicated they would decide by the following morning whether to proceed with my services.

Later that day, I continued working on projects in my queue and interacted with other clients through the messaging system. However, shortly thereafter, I received a message from a seller stating, "Stop it."

I immediately opened Fiverr and saw that someone had sent numerous custom offers to sellers along with spam links from my inbox. I am fully aware of Fiverr's policies regarding such activity and would never engage in it myself.

I rushed to the security settings to secure my account. I noticed that unauthorized access had been granted from a location identified as either Khuzdar or Kazakhstan (I apologize for any inaccuracy regarding the specific location). I signed out the unauthorized user and changed my password. Additionally, I enabled two-factor authentication for enhanced security.

Following these steps, I reported the incident to the Fiverr support team. In their response, they informed me that my transactions had been temporarily disabled. They also stated that the case had been forwarded to the appropriate team and advised me to change my password and secure my account, which I had already completed.

Unfortunately, I subsequently observed a decrease in my Fiverr level.

On the following day, I received an email from the support team indicating that my account had been flagged. I then submitted another ticket explaining the unauthorized access incident and requesting clarification regarding the impact on my level system. However, I have not yet received a response to this ticket.

Furthermore, I sent a follow-up email to the support team who initially handled my case. Unfortunately, this email has also gone unanswered.

I am kindly requesting assistance from a member of the Fiverr staff regarding this situation. I am very concerned about the unauthorized access to my account and the potential impact on my ability to use the platform effectively.

Sincerely,

Faraz Ahmadani

Fiverr support may have forwarded your case to the concerned department, and they could be waiting for a conclusion before getting back to you with their decision.
Avoid sending multiple emails, as this could be considered spamming.
Keep your patience if you haven't done anything wrong.

• Like 1