Tips to help you get your first order

Congratulations on starting your freelance journey. While there is potential for great success on Fiverr, remember that the journey to a thousand orders always starts with one. Here are some simple tips and tricks to help you get that first order and help you build momentum on your freelance career: 

Optimize Your Profile
Think of your profile as your business card. This is your chance to make a positive first impression and highlight what makes you unique. Be sure to include a professional, clear and friendly photo as your profile picture. You should also fill out as much information as possible about yourself, your skills, and your experience. 

Optimize your Gig
To attract that first customer, it’s important to pay special attention to how your gig is set up. Focus on the following: 

• Titles, tags, and descriptions- Include a clear title that includes keywords relevant to your offering. Your gig should also have a detailed description of your service and why a buyer should choose you for their next project. For expanded reach, don’t forget to add relevant tags as well. 
  • Pricing- When starting out, consider offering competitive pricing lower than your more seasoned competitors. This can help you attract more buyers. Once you start to gain traction and build reviews, you can revisit your pricing structure.
  • Portfolio- This is your chance to show, not just tell, buyers what you can do. Include samples of past projects you’ve worked on and, if possible, include things like testimonials and before-and-after’s to showcase the impact of your work. For more portfolio tips, visit here.

Remain professional and responsive
When potential buyers reach out to you, it’s important to showcase your professionalism, expertise, and friendliness. Answer all buyer questions promptly, our suggestion is within 24 hours, to protect your metrics and also give buyers a positive impression of you. When responding, be attentive to their needs by answering all their questions and asking clarifying questions as needed. 

Be Patient and Persistent
Success doesn’t just happen overnight so it’s important to remain patient as you wait for your first order. Once your profile and gigs are optimized, the best thing to do is wait. In the meantime, prioritize learning and improving your skillsets. For example, you can check out our free Fiverr Learn course, where you’ll learn all the essentials on how to be successful on Fiverr. 

In summary, to get that first order, it’s important to invest time and effort in optimizing your profile and gigs. Once you do this, remain patient and always strive for professionalism when interacting with buyers. Do these things and it will only be a matter of time until you get that first order. 

• Like 121
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 16
  • Insightful 5
  • Facepalm 1

Thanks a lot forn the tips

I still have a question, I'm trying to create my packages and I can't go ahead because "delivry time" and "revision" setting "are not available anymore" (Translation category), please tell me what can I do ?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

Screenshot_2024-07-22-16-58-41-336.jpeg

• Like 45
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Support 1
  • Insightful 2

• Kesha featured this topic
On 7/22/2024 at 11:27 AM, vbresciani said:

I still have a question, I'm trying to create my packages and I can't go ahead because "delivry time" and "revision" setting "are not available anymore" (Translation category), please tell me what can I do ?

Hi there! I would recommend selecting new delivery times as prompted. If the issue persists, please reach out to customer support. 

• Like 44
  • Support 2
  • Insightful 1

19 hours ago, shahidul_biz said:

Thanks for sharing your great knowledge. Could you ask a question? If I meet a great problem with connecting to the internet and I cannot establish a presence in Fiverr, then what should I do? 

Hi there! We are sorry to hear of the unfortunate circumstances preventing you from connecting to the internet. If you are having issues concerning order completion, response rate, etc. please don't hesitate to reach out to customer support and they would be more than happy to help. 

• Like 42
  • Insightful 1

Fiverr has removed my gig with 90+reviews the reason mentioned copyright content, even everything is done by me and I am willing to give proof but fiverr has not helped me. please sujjest me what i should do to recover that. Fiverr does not tell me what is copyright? 

11.png

• Like 26
  • Sad 8
  • Support 1
  • Insightful 1

On 7/22/2024 at 9:27 PM, vbresciani said:

Thanks a lot forn the tips

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

Screenshot_2024-07-22-16-58-41-336.jpeg

The overview section you have selected category is not available options. You can change your gig category and get options available. Thanks

• Like 27

I have been working on Fiverr since 2020. I have not been able to work for the last six months. A month ago, I optimized all my gigs and worked with my old clients, got 5-star reviews. But, unfortunately, my impression of the gig is going down. 😌 What is the solution to get impressions and clicks to get orders?

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

I've been actively selling on Fiverr since the last 6 - 7 years. However, I was ill and hospitalized last month and took a break from work. Now, when I am back on Fiverr, it seems like most of my clients have disappeared. Everything seems to have started from scratch. It is as if I have to do all the efforts again, just like getting your first order. This is heartbreaking to say the least. 😟

• Like 11

On 8/13/2024 at 4:11 AM, rosiee007 said:

I've been actively selling on Fiverr since the last 6 - 7 years. However, I was ill and hospitalized last month and took a break from work. Now, when I am back on Fiverr, it seems like most of my clients have disappeared. Everything seems to have started from scratch. It is as if I have to do all the efforts again, just like getting your first order. This is heartbreaking to say the least. 😟

Hi there! 

I am sorry to hear of your recent hospitalization but I am happy to see you back online. 

I understand it may be frustrating as you navigate getting back into the swing of things but I encourage you to keep going. If you were able to find momentum once, you can certainly do it again. 💚

• Like 12

As of i am working on my profile setup for a week and never even getting the impressions so far.
Its a great tragedy for an experienced designer outside of Fiverr not to get notified after even showcasing their portfolio😀. Still this message helps a lot

• Like 9

On 7/19/2024 at 8:09 PM, Kesha said:

Congratulations on starting your freelance journey. While there is potential for great success on Fiverr, remember that the journey to a thousand orders always starts with one. Here are some simple tips and tricks to help you get that first order and help you build momentum on your freelance career: 

Optimize Your Profile
Think of your profile as your business card. This is your chance to make a positive first impression and highlight what makes you unique. Be sure to include a professional, clear and friendly photo as your profile picture. You should also fill out as much information as possible about yourself, your skills, and your experience. 

Optimize your Gig
To attract that first customer, it’s important to pay special attention to how your gig is set up. Focus on the following: 

• Titles, tags, and descriptions- Include a clear title that includes keywords relevant to your offering. Your gig should also have a detailed description of your service and why a buyer should choose you for their next project. For expanded reach, don’t forget to add relevant tags as well. 
  • Pricing- When starting out, consider offering competitive pricing lower than your more seasoned competitors. This can help you attract more buyers. Once you start to gain traction and build reviews, you can revisit your pricing structure.
  • Portfolio- This is your chance to show, not just tell, buyers what you can do. Include samples of past projects you’ve worked on and, if possible, include things like testimonials and before-and-after’s to showcase the impact of your work. For more portfolio tips, visit here.

Remain professional and responsive
When potential buyers reach out to you, it’s important to showcase your professionalism, expertise, and friendliness. Answer all buyer questions promptly, our suggestion is within 24 hours, to protect your metrics and also give buyers a positive impression of you. When responding, be attentive to their needs by answering all their questions and asking clarifying questions as needed. 

Be Patient and Persistent
Success doesn’t just happen overnight so it’s important to remain patient as you wait for your first order. Once your profile and gigs are optimized, the best thing to do is wait. In the meantime, prioritize learning and improving your skillsets. For example, you can check out our free Fiverr Learn course, where you’ll learn all the essentials on how to be successful on Fiverr. 

In summary, to get that first order, it’s important to invest time and effort in optimizing your profile and gigs. Once you do this, remain patient and always strive for professionalism when interacting with buyers. Do these things and it will only be a matter of time until you get that first order. 

It's such a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 8

On 8/17/2024 at 5:21 AM, adnannafii said:

As of i am working on my profile setup for a week and never even getting the impressions so far.
Its a great tragedy for an experienced designer outside of Fiverr not to get notified after even showcasing their portfolio😀. Still this message helps a lot

It can take some time, but remember that the journey to hundreds of orders, always starts with one. Keep at it and don't give up.

• Like 7
  • Up 1