How can I promote my Fiverr account?

mdjoy_ad

Some ideas that I can brainstorm:

• Share! Share your Fiverr services on Social Media (Facebook, X, Instagram). You may not get any orders, but at least people or your friends will be aware of your services. Stick links to your Fiverr account on your Facebook and Instagram Bio.
  • Be specific! Be specific on what you are offering. Notice that "I will teach you JavaScript" or "I will teach you HTML and CSS" are too generic and many sellers have those types of Gigs. Maybe, "I will teach you CSS animations" or "I will teach you NodeJS authentications" would be a better choice to start off. 
  • Be honest! Don't claim that you are a professional or an expert if you are not. You can't imagine how many sellers I have seen on Fiverr claiming that they are experts but when I communicated with them, they gave me a bad impression. 
  • Market well! Use "catchy" Gig images, and write a catchy description. Avoid sentences like "100% satisfaction", "I am a professional", etc. I can easily write those on my Gigs. What can you do instead? Write sentences that directly show you that you are indeed professional. For example "I worked on X project in the past using Y, Z technologies" (include that in your portfolio of course) would be good. Obviously do list your skills. Only list skills that you are comfortable with to a high standard! Furthermore, add FAQs, do some Fiverr skill tests related to your services and set your prices to low. This helps to get a high number of clicks and orders. The Fiverr algorithm will punish you if you have too many clicks but very few to no orders. 
  • Low prices! Yes, you have to sacrifice your pricing at the beginning. Remember, I started by offering 1-hour web development sessions for only 10$ and I currently live in the UK. 10$ in the UK is even less than the minimum wage. Over time, as orders were coming in, I increased the prices gradually to 30$ per hour. This helped me maintain high ratings and high satisfaction among my buyers.
  • Do extra! At the beginning, there were countless times when my 1-hour session would end up 2 hours without extra charging my buyer. I needed to ensure my buyers would be as satisfied as possible because any rating below 5 would hurt me in the long run.

Your goal at the beginning is to maintain a perfect 5-star rating and slowly Fiverr will promote you based on their algorithm. 

• Like 14

On 7/14/2024 at 12:33 PM, gorgeka111 said:

Some ideas that I can brainstorm:

• Share! Share your Fiverr services on Social Media (Facebook, X, Instagram). You may not get any orders, but at least people or your friends will be aware of your services. Stick links to your Fiverr account on your Facebook and Instagram Bio.
  • Be specific! Be specific on what you are offering. Notice that "I will teach you JavaScript" or "I will teach you HTML and CSS" are too generic and many sellers have those types of Gigs. Maybe, "I will teach you CSS animations" or "I will teach you NodeJS authentications" would be a better choice to start off. 
  • Be honest! Don't claim that you are a professional or an expert if you are not. You can't imagine how many sellers I have seen on Fiverr claiming that they are experts but when I communicated with them, they gave me a bad impression. 
  • Market well! Use "catchy" Gig images, and write a catchy description. Avoid sentences like "100% satisfaction", "I am a professional", etc. I can easily write those on my Gigs. What can you do instead? Write sentences that directly show you that you are indeed professional. For example "I worked on X project in the past using Y, Z technologies" (include that in your portfolio of course) would be good. Obviously do list your skills. Only list skills that you are comfortable with to a high standard! Furthermore, add FAQs, do some Fiverr skill tests related to your services and set your prices to low. This helps to get a high number of clicks and orders. The Fiverr algorithm will punish you if you have too many clicks but very few to no orders. 
  • Low prices! Yes, you have to sacrifice your pricing at the beginning. Remember, I started by offering 1-hour web development sessions for only 10$ and I currently live in the UK. 10$ in the UK is even less than the minimum wage. Over time, as orders were coming in, I increased the prices gradually to 30$ per hour. This helped me maintain high ratings and high satisfaction among my buyers.
  • Do extra! At the beginning, there were countless times when my 1-hour session would end up 2 hours without extra charging my buyer. I needed to ensure my buyers would be as satisfied as possible because any rating below 5 would hurt me in the long run.

Your goal at the beginning is to maintain a perfect 5-star rating and slowly Fiverr will promote you based on their algorithm. 

Thank you

On 7/14/2024 at 2:04 PM, ghoshradhe said:

where do you want promoting?

any hore

• Like 8

Being a karaoke producer on fiver and someone who has benefited from gig promotions as well, I will say the best way is to promote on Fiverr! Once your gig promotion feature is enabled you will be notified, as long as you are a level 1 seller and above 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there @mdjoy_ad 

Our algorithm takes many factors into account, which means the results vary by user. Since the marketplace is ever-changing and competitive, we suggest working hard to ensure that your Gigs stand out.

There are some great threads from the Fiverr community and Fiverr employees on the Forum that we recommend you read:

Thank you. 

• Like 6

• Lena locked this topic

Hello @mdjoy_ad 

You can promote your Gigs in various ways. One of those ways is through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. These are all powerful methods for promoting yourself online. You don't necessarily have to always post to each one, but it is good to have a choice. Pick one or two platforms that you like the best and use those accounts as your main avenue for promotion.

Another way is the Promoted Gigs option. Only Sellers who meet our performance metrics can participate in this program. Eligibility for Promoted Gigs is limited to Pro, Level 1, Level 2, and Top Rated freelancers.

Hope this helps.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 8/19/2024 at 10:51 PM, mdjoy_ad said:

How can promot my gig ,please tell?

You can do regular marketing in your gig on any social media, for example, LinkedIn, twitter, and Instagram. Thank you

• Like 4
  • Up 1