How to Fix spam, scams and fraud overnight.

andrewfox505

Question

Make it so you need to charge someone a dollar to open contact with someone. If someone doesn't have a dollar you probably don't want them as buyers anyways. It also sets a verification method as well. If the conversation goes well you can even release the funds back to them. But the constant bombarding of spam can't be healthy for the website. 

I signed up 3 weeks ago and 100% of my correspondence has been spam. More than 100 messages. 

Edited by andrewfox505
  • Like 1

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure that would work. Serious buyers might reach out to several sellers at a time. People shop around, try to figure things out (and yes, spam) so I think it wouldn't be a good choice. 

Verifying buyer account might work better (even if some people would complain and find it annoying.)

I do agree it's gotten pretty bad on the main site but hopefully the devs will figure something out that works (I know they've tried some stuff already.)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, andrewfox505 said:

Make it so you need to charge someone a dollar to open contact with someone. If someone doesn't have a dollar you probably don't want them as buyers anyways. It also sets a verification method as well. If the conversation goes well you can even release the funds back to them. But the constant bombarding of spam can't be healthy for the website. 

So you expect people to get charged to talk with you on top of paying for your services? That would put Fiverr out of business pretty fast. Many buyers contact 10-20+ sellers at once to see who replies, what offer they provide, etc. Being charged just because you study the market... :)) that's funny. I would leave the platform as a buyer if something like this gets implemented, which most likely won't. As a seller, you can easily mark as spam and move on...