13 Years on Fiverr, Fews year as an active seller, I got banned for no detail explaination!

As someone who has been on Fiverr for a very long time, since 2011, I have used this platform for many purposes: as a seller, buyer, and have become very active as a seller here over the last few years.

Everything has been working well. I received orders regularly, had a pretty good success rate (9), good rating (4.9), and a very good response rate too, which led me to Level 2, where I stayed for a long time. However, my seller account was recently closed without any particular reason or case.

I received the first warning email on July 3rd with this reason: "Your account has been flagged for purchasing or selling with the intent to falsely increase ratings and/or levels." I ignored it, believing it to be a false warning since I have never done anything to fake the ratings or anything like that. All the sales and ratings are organic, from real buyers. I thought it would go away, but I was shocked when I received another email on July 11th as the second warning for the same reasons. It seemed like an automated process, and the email even stated, "This is your second warning and therefore your account is currently restricted and under review by our Trust and Safety team. During the period of the review, you will be able to complete your active orders. However, you cannot place or receive new orders and you cannot communicate with users, other than your buyers/sellers within an active order."

Since this is very unfair to me, I tried to open a support ticket to ask and discuss this. A few hours after I submitted the support ticket, I received a response stating that they had disabled my account and given me 60 days to complete all active orders or withdraw any funds left. I even replied back to ask for more specific reasons or any case, as they should have some proof for their actions, but no one replied, even after two responses from me.

It's pretty unfair for me to be suddenly accused like that. Getting your account closed for false reasons, for something you didn't do, and the support team doesn’t seem willing to communicate or assist.

I hope to hear from all our fellow sellers on any solutions you can offer or if any Fiverr staff sees this and can help assist with this case.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

There have been a few similar cases off late.

One pointer many people discussed/shared for this flagging is about the repeat buyers leaving identical/namesake reviews (which can appear to be fake/manipulative). Or if the orders were getting placed and closed without too much communication.  

But these are just possibilities or wild guesses made by other sellers! 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, freeson said:

I hope to hear from all our fellow sellers on any solutions you can offer or if any Fiverr staff sees this and can help assist with this case.

If you are a member of the Seller Plus program, your SPM may go to bat for you. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

One pointer many people discussed/shared for this flagging is about the repeat buyers leaving identical/namesake reviews

Imagine creating a rating system that is designed to drag your rating down, then start suspecting sellers with returning buyers in said rating manipulation. Eh.

• Like 2
  • Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

After serveral time open support tickets about this problem, I still get the same answer everytime that they still my account resticted and will be permanently deleted. They never come up with specific proof, just mention that my account has been reviewed and considered by thier team.

It's the worst experience, when you doesn't even have chance to talk and understand properly about what going on from thier side regarding my account.