How do you deal with a client who gives you stress and be in hurry always ?

jabirahamed20

Personally I really hate this thing to be in hurry, it kills creativity and thinking a thing in different angles. Have you guys faced this thing?
Specially in a heavy work load it's too much stressful, in that case how do you handle all the things? 

Specially in a high hurry and stressful environment ? 

Kindly share your experience and the way you handle all the things 🙂

• Like 6

Just politely refuse when they wish to work with you next time. You can mention that you're busy with other work or unavailable due to personal reasons. 

You can block the buyer too if a couple of months after their LAST order - so that they can't leave you bad private feedback, out of vengeance. 

• Like 10
  • Up 3

On 7/12/2024 at 11:13 AM, jabirahamed20 said:

Personally I really hate this thing to be in hurry, it kills creativity and thinking a thing in different angles. Have you guys faced this thing?
Specially in a heavy work load it's too much stressful, in that case how do you handle all the things? 

I always have to deal with these type of buyers every month. Usually after discussing the project, I always inform them beforehand that it will be done tomorrow morning (my time) or within 24 hours if I really have no task to do. If they're in hurry then I refuse them politely. But whenever I do their projects, they always leave a good tip. 

For instance, I just delivered an order 2-3 hours ago and it was an urgent task. Buyer wanted to deliver the project within 3 hours. That task was out of my scope but I did my best and completed it. In the end, buyer gave me a good amount of tip. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

In my opinion, it's hard to handle those types of clients who are giving stress but in a hurry sometimes it enhances my working capability and find out some alternative smart tactics that help me out.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

+1 to politely decline to work with them in the future. And block them if they start whining.

You’ll lose money, yes, but I’ve noticed that if I get properly stressed by one buyer it then affects my work with other buyers (who are completely reasonable people). It’s just not worth it to get involved continuously. 

You can have a conversation with them about how hurrying you will affect the quality but if it doesn't help (it usually doesn't), I'd just finish any active orders I have with them and walk away.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, lenasemenkova said:

I’ve noticed that if I get properly stressed by one buyer it then affects my work with other buyers (who are completely reasonable people). It’s just not worth it to get involved continuously. 

So much "yesss" to this. 💯

Plus the unquantifiable loss of mental peace for the entire duration of that order. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

+1 to politely decline to work with them in the future. And block them if they start whining.

You’ll lose money, yes, but I’ve noticed that if I get properly stressed by one buyer it then affects my work with other buyers (who are completely reasonable people). It’s just not worth it to get involved continuously. 

You can have a conversation with them about how hurrying you will affect the quality but if it doesn't help (it usually doesn't), I'd just finish any active orders I have with them and walk away.

I totally agree, but I have the capability to handle a lot of stress. However, after a certain point, things get worse, especially with my mental condition. It feels like I need to stop working no matter how much work I have. It makes me want to play games and be alone for at least seven days to recover. Because I'm mostly always stressed, I don't have any friends to go out with. 😞

• Like 1