Messaging is very confusing if you have multiple projects with the same vendor

I'm a writer and book publisher, and I find the messaging feature very confusing when using the same vendor for multiple projects. I'm currently working with one book interior designer on several book projects. However, the message thread is not sorted by project name, making it difficult to manage multiple conversations about different projects with the same vendor. Each time I comment, I have to repeat myself and specify which book project I'm referring to, which is extremely cumbersome. It would be much better if the chats could have tags for specific projects or some other feature to streamline the conversation flow and make it more efficient.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tellurideguy said:

I'm a writer and book publisher, and I find the messaging feature very confusing when using the same vendor for multiple projects. I'm currently working with one book interior designer on several book projects. However, the message thread is not sorted by project name, making it difficult to manage multiple conversations about different projects with the same vendor. Each time I comment, I have to repeat myself and specify which book project I'm referring to, which is extremely cumbersome. It would be much better if the chats could have tags for specific projects or some other feature to streamline the conversation flow and make it more efficient.

Why don't you use order page of every project to exchange messages about that specific project.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, navid_zafar said:

Why don't you use order page of every project to exchange messages about that specific project.

OP placed a single order for multiple projects, possibly negotiated cost for all the work - so now the order or conversations can't be broken down into separate projects. 

As a rule, I always push for separate orders for multiple projects from single buyer. It is good for gig's health and performance also because algorithm likes higher volume of orders. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

10 hours ago, tellurideguy said:

However, the message thread is not sorted by project name, making it difficult to manage multiple conversations about different projects with the same vendor.

I don't see why you would use the inbox for project-based messaging. You can talk with your client on the order page pertaining to that project. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1