How do you use social media?

Kesha

What started as a way to stay connected with friends and family has since evolved into a dynamic way to learn new things, promote your business, or simply find entertainment.

What are some of your favorite social media platforms, and how do you use them? Are you always on Pinterest looking for your latest inspiration? Are you a ghost Instagrammer who scrolls but never posts? Or, are you an avid poster who uses social media as part of your personal branding strategy?

For me, I stick to Instagram for connection and YouTube for learning. What about you?

• Like 11

I primarily use Instagram to keep up with the meme-culture and reel trends.😎

I used to post a lot of pics on my insta feed but haven't posted anything on the feed in the last 4-5 years because now I prefer stories. They are fun, dynamic and they vanish after 24 hours. 😂

PS I do feel that consumption of 'aesthetic content' on Instagram kinda sharpens our observational abilities, which in turn comes handy for the creative work. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Up 1

21 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

PS I do feel that consumption of 'aesthetic content' on Instagram kinda sharpens our observational abilities, which in turn comes handy for the creative work. 

Not like i actually needed another excuse to binge on Instagram... but this could be the best pitch for instagram I've heard yet. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Social media is definitely more than just cat videos these days For me, it's a mixed bag. Twitter is my go-to for staying in the loop on current events and catching funny memes (gotta have some laughs, right?). Then there's LinkedIn – all business, all the time, perfect for networking and keeping my professional profile sharp (Tho I am doing this recently, as I am back in fiverr after many years). When it comes to unwinding, YouTube is my happy place. There's literally a tutorial for EVERYTHING!!!!!

• Like 6

I’ve never really used social media to post personal things. In fact, I only have a personal Facebook and that’s it. I don’t post on that either.

I mostly use social media for business. I have Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok accounts to promote my video game. I haven’t gone all in on the promotion yet, so I still consider myself a newbie on those platforms (though, I’m light years ahead of most of the digital marketing experts on Fiverr.)

I have a decently successful YouTube channel with 94,000 subscribers. I earned a lot of money on that but I sadly got demonetized two years ago (which was fair to be honest) and haven’t posted since. I’ll rebrand it to be focused on the video game I’m developing and delete all the old videos that got me demonetized. And then I hope to finally get that silver play button!

Also, I lurk on Reddit, but let’s just say I don’t agree with the hive mind all too often. 😅

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 9
  • Up 4

I use mostly Youtube because there are a lot of educational content that I needs for my work and projects there. I own one Youtube channel. For me it will not get monetized as my country is not part of Ypp countries list unfortunately. That's why I rarely post something there.

Apart from that, I use Facebook, Instagram to stay in touch with friends. And Tiktok for entertainment.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

Only Facebook:

• To watch the Cooking Show: "MasterChef Australia".
  • For my local clients with whom I am working as their Social Media Post Designer. To keep an eye on their Facebook Pages.
  • Sometimes, to play Words Games 
  • Like 10

On 7/11/2024 at 1:50 PM, uchihashahin01 said:

Social media is definitely more than just cat videos these days For me, it's a mixed bag. Twitter is my go-to for staying in the loop on current events and catching funny memes (gotta have some laughs, right?). Then there's LinkedIn – all business, all the time, perfect for networking and keeping my professional profile sharp (Tho I am doing this recently, as I am back in fiverr after many years). When it comes to unwinding, YouTube is my happy place. There's literally a tutorial for EVERYTHING!!!!!

I agree with all of this!

On 7/11/2024 at 2:43 PM, vibronx said:

I’ve never really used social media to post personal things. In fact, I only have a personal Facebook and that’s it. I don’t post on that either.

I mostly use social media for business. I have Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok accounts to promote my video game. I haven’t gone all in on the promotion yet, so I still consider myself a newbie on those platforms (though, I’m light years ahead of most of the digital marketing experts on Fiverr.)

I have a decently successful YouTube channel with 94,000 subscribers. I earned a lot of money on that but I sadly got demonetized two years ago (which was fair to be honest) and haven’t posted since. I’ll rebrand it to be focused on the video game I’m developing and delete all the old videos that got me demonetized. And then I hope to finally get that silver play button!

Also, I lurk on Reddit, but let’s just say I don’t agree with the hive mind all too often. 😅

Thanks for sharing! I love how you casually mentioned you have 94k subscribers. Thats really impressive. Excited for you and your rebrand! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Only Facebook:

• To watch the Cooking Show: "MasterChef Australia".
  • For my local clients with whom I am working as their Social Media Post Designer. To keep an eye on their Facebook Pages.
  • Sometimes, to play Words Games 

Facebook is the OG of them all and I love how you can do so much on the one platform! 

3 hours ago, michmikaia said:

I use mostly Youtube because there are a lot of educational content that I needs for my work and projects there. I own one Youtube channel. For me it will not get monetized as my country is not part of Ypp countries list unfortunately. That's why I rarely post something there.

Apart from that, I use Facebook, Instagram to stay in touch with friends. And Tiktok for entertainment.

That's a great balance!

• Like 5

I don't use social media much unless it's for work stuff (which is a lot out of my day). So I need to just get away from all that and do real life things with the time I have for myself.

But I'm on Youtube often to learn new things, watch entertaining stuff, and listen to music while I work. 

Social media is great though! Sometimes I too find doom scrolling for hours without knowing what time it is (Reddit / Facebook / Instagram) xD

Edited by creative_howl
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2024 at 5:23 AM, collinsconsult said:

So I use social media for learning, business promotion, networking and entertainment. I use: Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and LinkedIn. I scarcely use IG. 

🙃 IG is the best one. (in my humble opinion, of course!) But, you definitely have a great mix of platforms and you can get a lot done on those.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 7:23 PM, Kesha said:

🙃 IG is the best one. (in my humble opinion, of course!) But, you definitely have a great mix of platforms and you can get a lot done on those.

There's a lot of fake life and pressure happening on IG. TikTok has same flashy lifestyle vibe but different as it's very educative. Just my opinion though. 

• Like 1