Clarification on Account Associations and Flagged

umar__services

Question

Hello,

I have some questions regarding account associations and Flagged on Fiverr:

1. Does Fiverr allow different individuals in the same household to have their own accounts (Providing different Services)?
  2. Is it against Fiverr's policy to share devices among family members or housemates who have separate accounts?
  3. Are there any restrictions on using the same internet connection for multiple Fiverr accounts owned by different people?

As per my knowledge, when we contact Fiverr support, they say it's not against Fiverr policy and you can do so with some limitations. How does Fiverr distinguish between this scenario and association of any other account?

Note: I'm aware that having multiple accounts for a single person is against Fiverr's policy. Just seeking some clarity on these points.

Thanks

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

11 hours ago, umar__services said:

How does Fiverr distinguish between this scenario and association of any other account?

Ever heard of 'Browser Fingerprinting'? You get a unique fingerprint based on your screen size, keyboard layout, language set on your PC, time zone, operating system installed, RAM size, graphics card info, and a lot of other information. You can be tracked in many ways, so it's very EASY for Fiverr (or literally any website owner) to track you down and know whether two different individuals are operating or if it's a single individual.

Generally, websites can even track the way you're pressing your mouse buttons, keystrokes, and mouse movements. There are literally thousands of ways to track you, but we're uncertain which techniques Fiverr uses out of those available.

The recommended option is:

Don't operate two accounts from the same household, as the algorithm can always give false positives. My wife was also feeling very passionate about starting her journey on Fiverr (in a different niche than what I am selling), but we are not getting confidence after seeing so many flagged accounts on Fiverr lately.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Ever heard of 'Browser Fingerprinting'? You get a unique fingerprint based on your screen size, keyboard layout, language set on your PC, time zone, operating system installed, RAM size, graphics card info, and a lot of other information. You can be tracked in many ways, so it's very EASY for Fiverr (or literally any website owner) to track you down and know whether two different individuals are operating or if it's a single individual.

Generally, websites can even track the way you're pressing your mouse buttons, keystrokes, and mouse movements. There are literally thousands of ways to track you, but we're uncertain which techniques Fiverr uses out of those available.

The recommended option is:

Don't operate two accounts from the same household, as the algorithm can always give false positives. My wife was also feeling very passionate about starting her journey on Fiverr (in a different niche than what I am selling), but we are not getting confidence after seeing so many flagged accounts on Fiverr lately.

It's clear that websites, including Fiverr, have many ways to track users, making it easy for them to identify if multiple accounts are being operated by the same individual. But the potential for false positives in Fiverr's algorithm is a significant issue.

What if Fiverr implement Face ID and National Identity card verification for each seller account (not for only new sellers). This would ensure that each individual can only have one account. If a pre-verified user attempts to create a new account, they would be immediately flagged by the system. This method would greatly reduce misunderstandings and errors, and control a lot of fraudulent activities, providing a fairer experience for everyone on the platform.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, umar__services said:

Hello,

I have some questions regarding account associations and Flagged on Fiverr:

1. Does Fiverr allow different individuals in the same household to have their own accounts (Providing different Services)?
  2. Is it against Fiverr's policy to share devices among family members or housemates who have separate accounts?
  3. Are there any restrictions on using the same internet connection for multiple Fiverr accounts owned by different people?

As per my knowledge, when we contact Fiverr support, they say it's not against Fiverr policy and you can do so with some limitations. How does Fiverr distinguish between this scenario and association of any other account?

Note: I'm aware that having multiple accounts for a single person is against Fiverr's policy. Just seeking some clarity on these points.

Thanks

Try to know yourself and analyze what will be beneficial for you.

• Like 1