Jump to content
  • 0

I got charged 200$ from fiverr verification, They send me QR code which lead me to Stripe verification.


Guest code_with_abhi

Question

Guest code_with_abhi

So i opened new fiverr account and they charged me 200$. Please help me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
1 hour ago, code_with_abhi said:

So i opened new fiverr account and they charged me 200$. Please help me

Did you really scan the QR code? If yes then it was actually a scam. Kindly report that buyer and contact Fiverr and your Bank regarding it. 

  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, code_with_abhi said:

My bank cannot help as it is an international payment.

Did you contact you bank and ask? It's worth asking them if you haven't as they're the most likely ones will be be able to dispute/cancel the payment and check transactions on the account now & in future, and they could send a new card if necessary.

The fact that you had a previous message from another scammer, and the Fiverr logos were different in each profile could have given another clue that they were scammers.

Fiverr should be preventing people changing their display name to "Support Fiverr" or similar though. On the forum we've asked them multiple times to, and it's been a problem for months. They said on the forum that they made a policy to disallow (display names with "Fiverr" or "Support" in) that but it seems like they've not prevented people doing that.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Guest code_with_abhi
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Did you really scan the QR code? If yes then it was actually a scam. Kindly report that buyer and contact Fiverr and your Bank regarding it. 

Yes I scanned and it led me to a stripe payment page, It told me verify by card with atleast 200$ in account.


I mailed them at support@fiverr.com with the pictures. 

I recieved the message in my inbox and reported the message. No warning that It may be a scam. The user name is 

Support Fiverr @id1384296804

How can fiverr allow such messages without displaying any warnings. I use freelancer and whenever someone messages, it displays a warning always unless it is someone official.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Edited by code_with_abhi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, code_with_abhi said:

Yes I scanned and it led me to a stripe payment page, It told me verify by card with atleast 200$ in account.


I mailed them at support@fiverr.com with the pictures. 

I recieved the message in my inbox and reported the message. No warning that It may be a scam. The user name is 

 

 

Do you really think that Fiverr will send you a message via their unofficial email address? You got scammed now. Only your bank can help you with it. 

  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Guest code_with_abhi
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Do you really think that Fiverr will send you a message via their unofficial email address? You got scammed now. Only your bank can help you with it. 

They didn't mail me, The guy pretending to be an official messaged me directly on my inbox and asked for verification. My bank cannot help as it is an international payment.

I mailed support now after the scam. All this happened in Fiverr itself. Also the website asked me for money also had fiverr as domain -
https://fiverr.id676526.com/card/58974564

Here it is and still working

Edited by code_with_abhi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, code_with_abhi said:

They didn't mail me, The guy pretending to be an official messaged me directly on my inbox 

That's what I meant.. unofficial username.. 

7 minutes ago, code_with_abhi said:

Also the website asked me for money also had fiverr as domain -
https://fiverr.id676526.com/card/58974564
 

Please use your common sense as well. Is it really an original Fiverr's website link? Whether it's working or not.. If your bank cannot help you with it then I am sorry, you got scammed and you won't be able to get your funds back.

However, be careful next time. On Fiverr, never ever share your personal or bank card details to anyone as it's not allowed.

  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, code_with_abhi said:

I mailed support now after the scam. All this happened in Fiverr itself. Also the website asked me for money also had fiverr as domain -
https://fiverr.id676526.com/card/58974564

But the fake website is actually called "id676526.com", a scammer site that was registered on 3rd July 2024 (according to a whois lookup). It's not part of Fiverr. If you report it to customer support maybe they could report the fake site as well as try to stop the scam.

If it was a Fiverr page it might be https:// and fiverr.com/something

Edited by uk1000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...