How do you verify potential clients?

mpg1013

I am a Fiverr free member and I have been receiving random requests and I want to know the best ways to verify if a client is legitimate or not with only free tools.

I am open to new advice on how to screen clients to ensure I can obtain my first gig.

The issue I am having now is that I had someone message me through the fiverr platform as a Fiverr Pro Client and they do not have any reviews.

I only found out this morning the person reaching out to me is scamming people so I reported their profile.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Hi, i would just pay attention to how they communicate. Legitimate clients ( even with no reviews ) will have a clear understanding of what they need and can provide specific details about their project. Even with a pro badge if the client acts suspicious , just ignore that and report them. Good luck.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, mpg1013 said:

I am a Fiverr free member and I have been receiving random requests and I want to know the best ways to verify if a client is legitimate or not with only free tools.

I am open to new advice on how to screen clients to ensure I can obtain my first gig.

The issue I am having now is that I had someone message me through the fiverr platform as a Fiverr Pro Client and they do not have any reviews.

I only found out this morning the person reaching out to me is scamming people so I reported their profile.

I thank it's a scam.

• Like 1