Lean patch for the past 2-3 weeks

desmond_aubery

Hello Colleagues,

I've noticed a very quiet, lean patch over the past 2-3 weeks. I have SEO optimized my Gigs, and added two new ones. The weekly impressions and have definitely increased after the SEO optimization, but they are still rather spasmodic - the algorithm is very poorly smoothed - no question. I perform a lot of external marketing of my Fiverr Gigs, and this probably adds to the clicks. When I search for certain keywords, my Gigs usually show up fairly well.

My last project was one where I brought in one of my own customers. 

I know that it is the Summer season in much of the Global North and wondered if this was perhaps a factor? As a consequence, I've had to sadly begin scouting for additional suitable platforms. I tend to be a loyal seller, but my family has to eat. I'm not griping and I've appreciated my Fiverr experience so far. 

I'd value valuable insights from other Sellers.  🙏 😔

• Like 7

1 hour ago, desmond_aubery said:

begin scouting for additional suitable platforms. I tend to be a loyal seller, but my family has to eat. 

This is exactly the right thing to do. Diversify. 

Loyalty can work out with a steady-income regular-paycheck day job, but this is freelancing. There is no guarentee of more work once a project is done. Loyalty to your family's wellbeing, especially if they're dependents, is far more important than to a platform that could (theoretical) vanish overnight.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

17 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

This is exactly the right thing to do. Diversify. 

Loyalty can work out with a steady-income regular-paycheck day job, but this is freelancing. There is no guarentee of more work once a project is done. Loyalty to your family's wellbeing, especially if they're dependents, is far more important than to a platform that could (theoretical) vanish overnight.

Thank you very much.  🙏 😊

Are other folks also experiencing reduced enquiries and projects over the past month or so?

• Like 4

I belong to a different service segment, but in my view your expert knowledge is for quality clients. It's great that you can explore multiple avenues to cross path with them. I see the average quality of buyers that a platform attracts as the key factor to focus on. Aim for the best and good luck 😉

• Like 4

3 hours ago, desmond_aubery said:

I know that it is the Summer season in much of the Global North and wondered if this was perhaps a factor?

It certainly is, though it also depends on what you offer and who your clients are. For example, if you're targeting businesses, the vacation season is likely to be slow (unless we're talking about businesses that see most action during summer, like summer camps and the hospitality industry). On the other hand, if most of your buyers are individuals trying to start something of their own, they might have more time to do it during summer (though even they are likely to spend some time on a vacation).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, desmond_aubery said:

Hello Colleagues,

I've noticed a very quiet, lean patch over the past 2-3 weeks. I have SEO optimized my Gigs, and added two new ones. The weekly impressions and have definitely increased after the SEO optimization, but they are still rather spasmodic - the algorithm is very poorly smoothed - no question. I perform a lot of external marketing of my Fiverr Gigs, and this probably adds to the clicks. When I search for certain keywords, my Gigs usually show up fairly well.

My last project was one where I brought in one of my own customers. 

I know that it is the Summer season in much of the Global North and wondered if this was perhaps a factor? As a consequence, I've had to sadly begin scouting for additional suitable platforms. I tend to be a loyal seller, but my family has to eat. I'm not griping and I've appreciated my Fiverr experience so far. 

I'd value valuable insights from other Sellers.  🙏 😔

It seems that poor private feedback is the main culprit. Avoid any conflicts with buyers and strive to exceed their expectations.

image.png.b5fdb04887ab10165e3f6f1b79807860.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, navid_zafar said:

It seems that poor private feedback is the main culprit. Avoid any conflicts with buyers and strive to exceed their expectations.

Can you please expand on this comment? Also, please explain the context for this.

If this is the one and only client, let me clarify:

• An 'el-cheapo client' who presented with a clear job specification
  • I reflected the job specification at the start of the project
  • Client accepted
  • I updated the client multiple times on my progress with his project
  • I produced the first draft of the research Report and presented to client
  • Suddenly a myriad of new requirements were thrown into the scope
    • These would have literally quadrupled the project scope
  • I quoted to extend the scope but client refused
    • Client became rather abusive
  • I completed the project and delivered. 
  • Out of spite - literally - the client delivered a poor review. 

This is my ONLY poor client rating and was very early on in my Fiverr journey (I did comment on this forum some time ago). Please place this in context with later client ratings. You have cast a very poor light on my performance by cherry-picking. I honestly believe that this is unfair.

Edited by desmond_aubery
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, catwriter said:

It certainly is, though it also depends on what you offer and who your clients are. For example, if you're targeting businesses, the vacation season is likely to be slow (unless we're talking about businesses that see most action during summer, like summer camps and the hospitality industry). On the other hand, if most of your buyers are individuals trying to start something of their own, they might have more time to do it during summer (though even they are likely to spend some time on a vacation).

Thank you very much for your observations. 🙏 😊

You are correct in that most of my clients are businesses. My thoughts were about the Summer break having an impact.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dponzio said:

I belong to a different service segment, but in my view your expert knowledge is for quality clients. It's great that you can explore multiple avenues to cross path with them. I see the average quality of buyers that a platform attracts as the key factor to focus on. Aim for the best and good luck 😉

Thank you very much. Very, very much appreciated. 🙏 😊

• Like 1

17 hours ago, navid_zafar said:

Looks like an uninformed, bullying and patronising comment to me..... maybe unintentional, and due to issues with the English language?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, desmond_aubery said:

Can you please expand on this comment? Also, please explain the context for this.

If this is the one and only client, let me clarify:

• An 'el-cheapo client' who presented with a clear job specification
  • I reflected the job specification at the start of the project
  • Client accepted
  • I updated the client multiple times on my progress with his project
  • I produced the first draft of the research Report and presented to client
  • Suddenly a myriad of new requirements were thrown into the scope
    • These would have literally quadrupled the project scope
  • I quoted to extend the scope but client refused
    • Client became rather abusive
  • I completed the project and delivered. 
  • Out of spite - literally - the client delivered a poor review. 

This is my ONLY poor client rating and was very early on in my Fiverr journey (I did comment on this forum some time ago). Please place this in context with later client ratings. You have cast a very poor light on my performance by cherry-picking. I honestly believe that this is unfair.

Obviously, you did your best. However, imagine if a client leaves you a two-star feedback publicly; it’s likely that their private feedback could be even more worse.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, navid_zafar said:

Obviously, you did your best. However, imagine if a client leaves you a two-star feedback publicly; it’s likely that their private feedback could be even more worse.

This 'el cheapo' client has no more influence than their spiteful comment. It turns out, after some level of investigation, that he is an intermediary that does dirty work for students by farming it out to unwitting freelancers on various platforms. His original cover was that of being an engineer and doing an engineering project for his company where he needed some research on a particular comminution technology. He has multiple online aliases, oddly-enough. He knew that he was not able to try and lever me into doing an excessive amount of extra free work. Hence the spiteful comment.

This modus operandii was discussed in detail some months ago on this forum. The outworking was to hold me back for a few months from reaching the next level on the platform. I was also so sad that this kind of unprofessional activity went on that I nearly left the platform at that point.

I would appreciate you removing your unwise comments. Perhaps you had not thought things through in enough detail before cherry-picking a comment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, desmond_aubery said:

This 'el cheapo' client has no more influence than their spiteful comment. It turns out, after some level of investigation, that he is an intermediary that does dirty work for students by farming it out to unwitting freelancers on various platforms. His original cover was that of being an engineer and doing an engineering project for his company where he needed some research on a particular comminution technology. He has multiple online aliases, oddly-enough. He knew that he was not able to try and lever me into doing an excessive amount of extra free work. Hence the spiteful comment.

This modus operandii was discussed in detail some months ago on this forum. The outworking was to hold me back for a few months from reaching the next level on the platform. I was also so sad that this kind of unprofessional activity went on that I nearly left the platform at that point.

I would appreciate you removing your unwise comments. Perhaps you had not thought things through in enough detail before cherry-picking a comment.

Such cheap and dishonest operators, who also lie about their profile, with tons of arrogance and zero budget, should be kicked out of any platform and should not be allowed to enter in touch with honest workers and professionals. 

• Like 1