Effective Communication: Success Score lowering after implementing Fiverr recommended best practices.

voicingthings

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that as I implement more of Fiverr's best practices, mainly relating to Effective Communication, this particular metric or element is appearing as "room for growth" or "negative impact" on more and more of my gigs. 

Is anybody else finding that "Effective Communication" is having a growing  negative impact on your gigs as you continue to implement Fiverr's tips and recommendations? 

I feel the excuse will be that it is comparative to others within your category. But if that's the case: "What is my category?" and "Can I see an example of exceptional communication, please?" 

There are so many other issues and questions I have relating to this, but wanted to keep this concise...for effective communication and all that 😉 Hoping to hear other people's thoughts and experiences.

Cheers,

VT

Edited by voicingthings
Typo
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, voicingthings said:

Effective Communication, this particular metric or element is appearing as "room for growth" or "negative impact" on more and more of my gigs. 

Be communicative and professional with buyers and write lengthy messages explaining every aspect of the order. I am not really sure in what way you communicate and write your messages -- but most sellers just say "thanks for the order" (after order placement) and "here's your delivery" (at the time of delivery). Instead of these small phrases, write some lengthy paragraphs explaining every aspect and educating buyers at every stage.

For example:

1. After order placement: Let your buyers know when you will start working on the order and when they can expect the first update. Also, let them know to ask questions or contact you if they have any queries.

2. During the order stage: Make sure to be communicative and send regular updates. If not daily, at least an update or follow-up every 3 or 4 days. Even if you have not started the work, let buyers know that the work has not been started yet due to "x" reasons and when they can expect the next update.

3. At the time of delivery: Write lengthy paragraphs explaining the work that you have done and what files are included in the zip file. Also, educate them about revision policies and inform them that they have "x" revisions and can ask for changes.

"Effective communication" is not just about writing with correct grammar -- instead, it's "how" you're communicating with your buyers.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Thanks for responding and sharing that! Those are awesome suggestions. And I have very similar templates based on this too. 

I thought it was starting to make a dent on one of my gigs as "room for growth" disappeared for a while on "Effective Communication" but after a few really positive orders, and really going to town with the sort of communication you gave an example of there, "room for growth" reappeared. 

For me, I feel almost stupid doing the extensive communication on a small $10 where somebody has clearly just punted it in, wanting it done quickly and not wanting to have to reply "Thanks for the update" every time I essentially annoy them with a sample, or an option, or a tiny little update, etc. 

But I agree with you in that the examples you gave there are probably sellers' best shot at trying to improve the "Effective Communication" element. 

And I think you've nailed it with the "how" too! 

Edited by voicingthings
  • Like 3