Why are there so many scammers?

emilpietila

I have been now on fiver for few weeks and there has been like 12-17 scammers trying different strategies. My question is that are there like any real buyers left? I thought that i could make a few bucks on this site, but clearly it isn't that easy. Also wanted to ask how long does it take usually to get first buyer to order from you? Thanks for reading this and commenting if you did. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, emilpietila said:

wanted to ask how long does it take usually to get first buyer to order from you? 

It's different for every Seller. Some have gotten orders within hours of a gig being posted, some took weeks, some took months, some took years. Some never get an order. 

3 hours ago, emilpietila said:

are there like any real buyers left? I thought that i could make a few bucks on this site, but clearly it isn't that easy. 

Yes, there are real Buyers. However there are indeed fewer than last year. Meanwhile, the number of Sellers seems to keep growing. Exasperating the issue is AI.

Regarding the spam, yes it's a known problem. They tend to target newer Sellers, due to said newcomers being less familiar with the Fiverr site, rules, and being more desperate for their first order.

It is still possible to earn on Fiverr, but the competition is more fierce. If you really want to earn online, you'll be better off diversifying the various freelancing sites your on.

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1