Is it possible to send a custom offer to another seller who has never contacted you?

carineb

I've received a custom offer from a seller I've never contacted.
It clearly looks like spam...

Since I reported this seller's behavior to CS, my account has been flagged. So I can't check if it's possible to send custom offers to anyone.

I wonder if this is a bug or a new open door to spam.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Not sure about that. During my 8 years on Fiverr, I have accepted several jobs from other sellers. Some sellers offer similar services, and some do not. The former usually give away the work because they are busy or not capable of handling the project. The latter, well, they don't have the skills that they need, so there's no difference between them or another buyer.
So far there are no problems with them or their jobs

• Like 4

It seems possible. If you enter "http://www.fiverr.com/inbox/" in the URL bar and then the username (any active seller. I haven't tried a buyer only that I haven't contacted before) and then press enter it will put that person in the inbox so you could send a custom offer to them (against Fiverr rules).

Fiverr should prevent that somehow. You could let CS know about the seller who did the offer and try to get that way of doing it prevented.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

22 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Fiverr should prevent that somehow. You could let CS know about the seller who did the offer and try to get that way of doing it prevented.

I reported it to Fiverr and they disabled my account (blocked my money. Back to level 0...)! But the other seller is still active...

I really wonder how Fiverr manages all the security problems, spam messages... ans now spam custom offers.

I'm the one being punished for receiving an unsolicited offer!

Edited by carineb
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

I think on the forum someone has said before that they flagged the wrong seller.

Maybe it was a manual error by one of the CS staff (or the Trust & Safety team if it somehow got to them) by them clicking/reporting the wrong account/message.

It's happened before that someone has said on the forum the wrong person got flagged after they reported. Maybe there should be more people confirming a CS/Trust & Safety team member's flag/report before the user gets that account message or a change to the automated system if that's part of it.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, carineb said:

He didn't offer me a job. He sent me a custom offer to BUY his gig!
I don't need this service. I didn't ask him to work for me. I never contacted him...

Oh I see, I thought they offered you a job. In that case, no, I've never experienced that.
Have you had a chance to ask why the seller did that? If he doesn't give a reasonable reason, it's 100% scam/spam.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sapism05 said:

Have you had a chance to ask why the seller did that? If he doesn't give a reasonable reason, it's 100% scam/spam.

No, I didn't. I don't want my message to be flagged as spam.

It's CS's job to check this offer once I've reported it. The seller's account and gig are still active. Apparently, CS think it's perfectly normal and appropriate to send a custom offer to someone who hasn't asked you for an offer 🤔

• Up 1

5 hours ago, uk1000 said:

I think on the forum someone has said before that they flagged the wrong seller.

Maybe it was a manual error by one of the CS staff (or the Trust & Safety team if it somehow got to them) by them clicking/reporting the wrong account/message.

It's happened before that someone has said on the forum the wrong person got flagged after they reported. Maybe there should be more people confirming a CS/Trust & Safety team member's flag/report before the user gets that account message or a change to the automated system if that's part of it.

I've asked several times for explanations but they haven't given me any. If there's been a mistake, all they have to do is tell me!

• Up 1