We want your opinions

Kesha

We want your opinions  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which method do you prefer for learning?

• Videos
    • Articles
    • Videos + Quizzes
    • Case Studies
    • Dashboard
    • Forums with designated topics
    • Paid mentorship programs
    • Zoom group discussions
    • Courses/ Webinars
  2. 2. How would you prefer the content to be segmented?

• By learning levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
    • By vertical
    • By subject of interest (communication, processes, etc.)
  3. 3. How would you prefer to be motivated and incentivized for your progress?

• Achievement rewards such as badges
    • Progress tracker
    • Scoreboard

This poll is closed to new votes

Our goal is to make sure every seller on the platform has all the information and tools they need to reach their professional goals. Our supply team is currently developing a exciting new educational platform to provide additional resources for sellers like you. To make sure we are serving you in the best way possible, we want to hear your thoughts! Please participate in the survey above to help give us insight into your learning style and preferences. 

• Like 38
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 4

Question two "How would you prefer the content to be segmented?" was a tricky one for me to answer. I went with 'subject of interest' because historic evidence of questions on the forums are primarily subject based, but 'level' is a VERY close second. (The verticals that already exist in the forums don't get much voluntary, relevant traffic that isn't initiated by Staff or Forum Regulars.)

For example, probably THEE most FAQ is 'How do I earn sales?'. I see variations, such as 'How do I earn sales as a new seller?' and 'How do I earn sales as a [photographer, logo maker, audio mixer, etc]?' but those both fall under the subject category of the base FAQ.

The Help Center is sadly underutilized, but there's only so much Regulars can do to direct newcomers there.

• Like 24
  • Up 3

In the first question I selected "Videos + Quizzes" but the "Articles" option could also be good depending on what it was, or have both.

If it's for different subjects it could also be part of the forum clubs option, where different resources could be in the clubs.

There could also be forum challenges that could help people also learn while doing them while also competing in some way.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 24
  • Up 2

Question: By "Achievement rewards such as badges", do you mean these? 

image.png.7fa5cbfa8b78b1afe2b29f2840db6118.png

Because those could lead to gamification issues, as has been proven in the past by people who think the forum badges will help their Fiverr account just by having them. 

I voted 'progression bar' because (I would hope) they would be visible to only that profile. Visible leaderboards and visible badges lead far too easily to cheating attempts.

• Like 25
  • Up 4

@imagination7413 and @uk1000 Thanks for participating in the survey! 

To clarify, these questions were geared more so in regards to a learning academy we want to launch exclusive of the forum. Let me know if this changes your thoughts or selections at all.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

I think my answers would be about the same on the poll if it's another site for the learning academy.

Though one of the options on it was "Forums with designated topics" so I assume that a forum section could be part of that Fiverr learning academy site (which could have my ideas about the forum sections there - as resources in the different clubs & having challenges there - though the challenges could also be done on this forum or other ones could as some sort of incentive to get people learning about different topics).

The options like "Zoom group discussions " and webinars (live) aren't going to help people with hearing problems etc. so won't be as inclusive as the other options.

There could probably be ways for users taking the learning courses to upload work done on the courses that shows they've learnt what was in the courses and that what they've produced is quite unique (which could help prevent cheating that might happen if only using multiple choice answers for the end-quiz that might get found out), which could also be part of the challenges.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 25
  • Up 4

Whups! I missed that this was for "a[n] exciting new educational platform" in your post. Sorry 'bout that. 

It somewhat changed my opinion, only because I watch a fair bit of educational-esk stuff on YouTube. (Even if the subject of that 'education' is sometimes inapplicable to the average person in day-to-day life.) 

I do really like videos, but I picked 'case studies' because of the 'compare and contract' nature of human psychology. It's fairly well documented that humans are VERY good at pattern recognition, so showcasing A vs B can really help comprehension and make a puzzling concept 'click'. So, I guess 'case studies in video form', and/or 'video essays'. 

My stance on Gamification doesn't change, much. I'm not on any of the learning platforms (like Brilliant), but from what I understand, they use a self-education self-competition model that tries to encourage the 'today, I will do better than I did yesterday' mindset. I am a part of some actual gaming communities, and (imho) the heathiest are the ones that focus on good sportsmanship rather than showboating, building up rather than tearing down, friendly collaboration rather than toxic rivalry. In marketing terms, they're looking to grow the pie, rather than steal pieces. To be honest and a tad blunt, I'm not sure Fiverr has a good foundation to build a good learning community at this time, unless this is an attempt to fix (or at least alleviate) exactly that issue with the Forum community.

Specifically on the badges, we still have users ask if taking Learn courses help, and the badge earned from that is still purely a visual trophy. 

---

Okay, I stepped away from typing this for supper, and this video turned out to be in my video recommendations, so it was watched while food was consumed. (Kinda case-in-point for the A-B testing, and the 'case study', and the visual learning style.)

• Like 24
  • Up 3

• Kesha featured this topic
7 hours ago, Kesha said:

Our supply team is currently developing a exciting new educational platform to provide additional resources for sellers like you.

Hi @Kesha, If it's an educational platform, I like the style of CreativeLive better than Fiverr Learn for several reasons:

1. CreativeLive lessons are tailored for those who are hearing-impaired like I am, so words in the script are highlighted as the video is playing (you can also click on words in the script and get taken to that exact spot in the video).

2. CreativeLive doesn't give badges for completing courses, while Fiverr Learn does. I love learning, so I may take courses that aren't relevant to the services that I offer on Fiverr. I don't want to have badges on my profile for courses that aren't relevant to the services that I'm offering. For example, learning Adobe InDesign isn't relevant to my technical writing services even though I may design a resume or cover letter. I want the focus to be on my writing skills, not my design skills.

So based on the list that you provided:

Videos + Quizzes: This is a yes for me, but I need to have some type of subtitling or transcripts. The transcripts that CreativeLive provides are the best. It allows you to easily skip forward if you are reading faster than the video and skip around the videos based on the words you click. 

This also includes Courses, Articles, and Case Studies.

Dashboard: This would be separate from the educational platform, so I'm guessing that you'd like to have helpful prompts on the seller dashboard that would remind them of Fiverr's ToS (especially related to spam messages to take conversation/business off the platform, scam and phishing tactics, review manipulation, location inconsistencies, etc.). You could also have helpful Videos and Links to the Help Center here, like we have in our Analytics pages.

• For Sellers, I'd love to have a Preview as a Buyer option, so sellers can go through the entire order process of our their gigs - this would help sellers catch issues their buyers may encounter beforehand and also give sellers an extra resource to help their buyers throughout the order process.
  • I know buyers don't have a seller Dashboard, but it would be nice for them to have prompts to teach them about Fiverr's ToS, the importance of leaving reviews, and the order process (how buyers pay first, order requirements are needed to start the order, how orders auto-close and how to request a revision/more time to review to prevent that, etc.).

Forums with Designated Topics: I think we already have that, but we could improve access to these topics. Some topics are asked multiple times a day, every day. It might be nice to have those topics displayed upon entry to the forum (as a pop up) or at the top of the form as a note - 'How can I get orders? Click here' or 'Fiverr Support is asking me to provide credit card info (or scan a QR code) for payment? Scam alerts here.' These can be rotating notes (gallery style) are static.

Paid Mentorship Program: I think this would be great if the mentors were actual sellers with experience on the platform (and they were compensated for their efforts). Sellers already vetted through Fiverr (Pro, TRS, Agency, or other) could activate a "Mentor" label on their profile and other sellers could request this service.

Zoom Group Discussions: This might be good for those who like this option. I might consider attending the Zoom call if it is offered at a different time (these are usually scheduled around 1 or 3 am Hawaii time). My environment is also not the best for Zoom calls, so this is probably a 'no' for me. I prefer providing written feedback in the form of questionnaires or forum post.

Courses/Webinars: Courses CreativeLive style - yes. Webinars - not really, if we are doing the videos with the transcripts. There isn't enough time to adequately cover the Q&A of all attendees. I'd rather have feedback solicited via written format.

I'd prefer to have the training segmented By subject of interest (communication, processes, etc.) and progress to be tracked by Progress Tracker - no need to incentivize or gamify the learning process. Those who take the incentive to learn what it takes to grow their business will most likely thrive and those who don't will either lose their business or struggle. And if they struggle, hopefully they come to the forum and we can direct them to the Help Center and other educational resources.

Edit: There are several Level 2 Sellers that I'd like to receive mentorship from. It would be nice if sellers could request a profile to be reviewed/upgraded to TRS, and if the seller wants to provide mentorship, they can. Mentors should have the ability to accept or deny mentorship requests based on their own vetting process.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 30
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

On 6/26/2024 at 10:45 PM, vickieito said:

Hi @Kesha, If it's an educational platform, I like the style of CreativeLive better than Fiverr Learn for several reasons:

1. CreativeLive lessons are tailored for those who are hearing-impaired like I am, so words in the script are highlighted as the video is playing (you can also click on words in the script and get taken to that exact spot in the video).

2. CreativeLive doesn't give badges for completing courses, while Fiverr Learn does. I love learning, so I may take courses that aren't relevant to the services that I offer on Fiverr. I don't want to have badges on my profile for courses that aren't relevant to the services that I'm offering. For example, learning Adobe InDesign isn't relevant to my technical writing services even though I may design a resume or cover letter. I want the focus to be on my writing skills, not my design skills.

So based on the list that you provided:

Videos + Quizzes: This is a yes for me, but I need to have some type of subtitling or transcripts. The transcripts that CreativeLive provides are the best. It allows you to easily skip forward if you are reading faster than the video and skip around the videos based on the words you click. 

This also includes Courses, Articles, and Case Studies.

Dashboard: This would be separate from the educational platform, so I'm guessing that you'd like to have helpful prompts on the seller dashboard that would remind them of Fiverr's ToS (especially related to spam messages to take conversation/business off the platform, scam and phishing tactics, review manipulation, location inconsistencies, etc.). You could also have helpful Videos and Links to the Help Center here, like we have in our Analytics pages.

• For Sellers, I'd love to have a Preview as a Buyer option, so sellers can go through the entire order process of our their gigs - this would help sellers catch issues their buyers may encounter beforehand and also give sellers an extra resource to help their buyers throughout the order process.
  • I know buyers don't have a seller Dashboard, but it would be nice for them to have prompts to teach them about Fiverr's ToS, the importance of leaving reviews, and the order process (how buyers pay first, order requirements are needed to start the order, how orders auto-close and how to request a revision/more time to review to prevent that, etc.).

Forums with Designated Topics: I think we already have that, but we could improve access to these topics. Some topics are asked multiple times a day, every day. It might be nice to have those topics displayed upon entry to the forum (as a pop up) or at the top of the form as a note - 'How can I get orders? Click here' or 'Fiverr Support is asking me to provide credit card info (or scan a QR code) for payment? Scam alerts here.' These can be rotating notes (gallery style) are static.

Paid Mentorship Program: I think this would be great if the mentors were actual sellers with experience on the platform (and they were compensated for their efforts). Sellers already vetted through Fiverr (Pro, TRS, Agency, or other) could activate a "Mentor" label on their profile and other sellers could request this service.

Zoom Group Discussions: This might be good for those who like this option. I might consider attending the Zoom call if it is offered at a different time (these are usually scheduled around 1 or 3 am Hawaii time). My environment is also not the best for Zoom calls, so this is probably a 'no' for me. I prefer providing written feedback in the form of questionnaires or forum post.

Courses/Webinars: Courses CreativeLive style - yes. Webinars - not really, if we are doing the videos with the transcripts. There isn't enough time to adequately cover the Q&A of all attendees. I'd rather have feedback solicited via written format.

I'd prefer to have the training segmented By subject of interest (communication, processes, etc.) and progress to be tracked by Progress Tracker - no need to incentivize or gamify the learning process. Those who take the incentive to learn what it takes to grow their business will most likely thrive and those who don't will either lose their business or struggle. And if they struggle, hopefully they come to the forum and we can direct them to the Help Center and other educational resources.

Edit: There are several Level 2 Sellers that I'd like to receive mentorship from. It would be nice if sellers could request a profile to be reviewed/upgraded to TRS, and if the seller wants to provide mentorship, they can. Mentors should have the ability to accept or deny mentorship requests based on their own vetting process.

I appreciate this thoughtful feedback @vickieito! The team and I are considering each of your points for future developments. Thanks!

• Like 15

• Kesha unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't mean to be the rain on the sunshine that is the Fiverr forum but my gig is dying to the point where I'm not even truly sure why I haven't just given up on Fiverr yet. This new system stripped 10 years of my life and progress away from me with literally no reason given to me for it doing so. I don't think progress trackers and scoreboards are what we need now especially when there are still a flood of scammers and bugs causing way more concerning issues.

• Like 2