Is It a Scam or what?

lifeiswonder494

Question

Hi, I am a new seller in Fiverr. I am a graphic designer. Yesterday, I suddenly got a mail that my first gig has been sold, buyer had payed for it in Euro, kindly put the card details. I tried to put card details of my wife as it asking for visa card. It was told to me to stay on the page. They did the verification and told us to keep 10,000/- INR at least in bank, we did that. Lastly, I was told to share the code send to my number. But when I tried to do so, it failed for two times and I got the message that Rs.8832.64 was about to debit from the account.  While asking for the same, they said on chatbot that they are not charging, this is the limit that we have to maintain. I was shocked hearing that how a someone can do scam openly on Fiverr platform. It was showing on Fiverr which gig has been sold and its payment, but not showing  any balance in my account. Please suggest, how to rectify and fix this issue. It can happen anytime in future as well. How can I get to know whether it is scam or not? I have shared all the conversation happen to me. Please suggest, how can I get my earned money.

Fiverr's after charging after code.jpeg

fiverr's 3rd message.jpeg

Fiverr's 2nd message.jpeg

fiverr's 1st message.jpeg

my sold gig on fiverr.jpeg

Edited by lifeiswonder494

3 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, lifeiswonder494 said:

Hi, I am a new seller in Fiverr. I am a graphic designer. Yesterday, I suddenly got a mail that my first gig has been sold, buyer had payed for it in Euro, kindly put the card details. I tried to put card details of my wife as it asking for visa card. It was told to me to stay on the page. They did the verification and told us to keep 10,000/- INR at least in bank, we did that. Lastly, I was told to share the code send to my number. But when I tried to do so, it failed for two times and I got the message that Rs.8832.64 was about to debit from the account.  While asking for the same, they said on chatbot that they are not charging, this is the limit that we have to maintain. I was shocked hearing that how a someone can do scam openly on Fiverr platform. It was showing on Fiverr which gig has been sold and its payment, but not showing  any balance in my account. Please suggest, how to rectify and fix this issue. It can happen anytime in future as well. How can I get to know whether it is scam or not? I have shared all the conversation happen to me. Please suggest, how can I get my earned money.

Fiverr's after charging after code.jpeg

fiverr's 3rd message.jpeg

Fiverr's 2nd message.jpeg

fiverr's 1st message.jpeg

my sold gig on fiverr.jpeg

It's very much a scam. Block your card (phone your bank/etc.) and make sure they can't access your data again. It's pretty awful, but it's a pretty common thing at the moment. 

• Up 1