What am I doing wrong

ahmed_iqbal7

Question

So recently i got two buyer with bigger order one had a 50 page document the other had 500 pages textbook

So what I do on my gig

1. Make there notes more structured and easy to read and memorize

2. Make notes using there textbook or PDF from the start

So I made some rough calculation on 500 pages notebook there was 386 pages which had text on it rest were exercise pages and others. So typically when i make notes they comes out to be half of what the total text had so it came to be 193. I offered the buyer 2$ per page (My gig page say 4-6$ per page depending on the complexity of notes) making the total 386$ i asked their budget which was just 80$

What should we as sellers should do at this point decrease the price more or just say no to them?

1 answer to this question

On 6/5/2024 at 9:55 AM, ahmed_iqbal7 said:

What should we as sellers should do at this point decrease the price more or just say no to them?

I'd say something like:

"I understand and appreciate that you have a limited budget, but I also have a limit on the minimum amount I'll work for per hour. My calculations come out to: [show the math, INCLUDING the discount]. Seeing this is a very big gap between your budget and my sell point, I will have to pass taking on your work. Thank you again for your interest in my service and I wish you the best of luck finding a Seller who can meet your requirements." 

• Up 1