Do you often give bad reviews to buyers?

carmelious

I am a musician. Almost always I give 5 stars review because I want them to return. Once or twice I gave them 4 stars because they made me work harder than expected, and they didn't like what I created. I wasn't in this situation for the first years on fiverr, it's a recent phenomenon that buyers just milk you and leave bad reviews. And the I feel like a s*cker for giving them 4-5 stars.

What are responses you had from buyers who you rated 4 or below?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, carmelious said:

I am a musician. Almost always I give 5 stars review because I want them to return. Once or twice I gave them 4 stars because they made me work harder than expected, and they didn't like what I created. I wasn't in this situation for the first years on fiverr, it's a recent phenomenon that buyers just milk you and leave bad reviews. And the I feel like a s*cker for giving them 4-5 stars.

Fiverr's algorithm and functioning are not programmed in a way that allows you to rate buyers anything less than 5 stars. You can be hardly punished for leaving an honest rating, as the buyer might retaliate in the private rating that Fiverr sends 24 hours after the order is completed. The system is designed in a way that forces you to leave a 5-star rating.

This is how things should be:
1. The duration to leave private ratings should be reduced to 14 days (currently, it's 2 months, which is quite long -- can you believe that).
2. The buyer should only be able to see your review after 14 days, or until they leave a private rating. This will also encourage buyers to leave private ratings, which is a good point for Fiverr, as more buyers will provide private feedback which will allow Fiverr for better evaluation of sellers.

And then simply stop working with that buyer on future projects if your experience was not very good. Problem solved (but only if Fiverr tweaks their system)!

Edited by rawque_gulia
Added Content
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

Goes the same for me. I don't often leave 4 stars reviews, but when I do it's most likely because the buyer is a pain to work with. In other cases, I have this one buyer who left 4 stars despite the smooth process and I left him 5 stars. He placed another order and I decided to rate him 4 stars this time even if there were no issue. Surprisingly, he left 5 stars in his second order. So now we're even 😀

• Like 1