Became ineligible to promoted gig and the stability of success score

Posted (edited)

I am writing to express my concern regarding the new level system on Fiverr. Despite receiving many new orders and positive reviews since the launch of the new system, my gig success score has not improved. This situation is frustrating and seems unfair to those of us maintaining strong performance on the platform. Fiverr has always stated that recent orders have more weight than previous ones, but it appears the success score is causing significant mental stress for many sellers. Numerous sellers, myself included, are stuck at a success score of 4 despite performing well since the update.

The new level system should be more dynamic, allowing sellers to see instant improvements after performing well. From my observations in forums and communities, many sellers frequently complain about their stagnant success scores. If Fiverr remains strict with their current level system, a significant number of sellers may leave the platform due to the lack of mental peace and the inability to get new orders.

Many sellers, including myself, suspect that the new level system has numerous bugs, which Fiverr has not identified, leading to claims of negative private reviews. Additionally, Fiverr’s conservative stance on the promoted gig feature is problematic. Sellers who have lost their previous level and are now considered new are not allowed to use promoted gigs, despite having paid for advertisement in the past. This policy is unfair. Access to this feature should be similar to the Seller Plus program, where sellers retain access even after losing their level because they have paid for it.

Without the ability to use the promoted gig feature, it is challenging to attract new clients. Fiverr’s decision-making team seems to have overlooked this simple but crucial point. Moreover, Fiverr’s claim that the new level system is stable and considers long-term data. Giving a one-month grace period to use promoted gig feature to sellers to get back on track is also a very short time and not sufficient. This is a very shortsighted decision, unexpected from a leading freelance marketplace like Fiverr.

It is evident that trust in Fiverr among sellers is declining. If my success score does not improve and I cannot use the promoted gig feature, sustaining my presence on Fiverr will be impossible. I have already experienced a significant decrease in orders since I became ineligible to use promoted gigs a week ago. I am not alone in this crisis; many Fiverr sellers are in similar danger.

Edited by fahimeh22
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, fahimeh22 said:

leading to claims of negative private reviews. Additionally, Fiverr’s conservative stance on the promoted gig feature is problematic. Sellers who have lost their previous level and are now considered new are not allowed to use promoted gigs, despite having paid for advertisement in the past. This policy is unfair. Access to this feature should be similar to the Seller Plus program, where sellers retain access even after losing their level because they have paid for it.

I am pretty sure those are not claims. You have to realize that not every buyer will leave a positive private review. Most people don't leave private reviews and if someone does, they most likely do that because they want to prove something. I can tell you for a fact that last year I had months without new clients and even no message aside from "give me work" type of stuff. And my success manager at the time said that it's due to people leaving not the best private reviews. Even if publicly, I had only 5 star reviews for months. So yeah, either some customers just leave random reviews, or you had someone that said they were unhappy, all those things do exist. I can say that because I went through it myself.

As for access to Seller Plus.. you can easily lose it. The only way you keep it is if you continue paying for it. I didn't have the option to continue with Seller Plus unless I pay more for Premium, and when I reached customer support they said I am not qualified anymore and if I cancel, it will not be available to me anymore. So again, it's definitely possible to lose it. As far as I know, promoted gigs is a feature Fiverr will stop access to if they think your gig has poor performance and again, it comes down to the private data they have.

Edited by donnovan86
  • Up 1