Fiverr aiding scammers and hurting sellers

So I have been using Fiverr as a buyer for years now. I eventually decided to start selling in a serious capacity. I do some code work, primarily focusing on streams and bots dealing with live streams on Twitch, YouTube, and Kick. Things like TTS bots, channel points, and custom solutions. Things were going pretty well, with a few problematic moments but nothing too bad. I even started making a decent amount of money and was getting more and more clients at least inquiring about jobs.

That is, until one bad apple came by. He wanted a bot for Twitch that was like another program he saw. I figured his intentions were kind of shady since he was attempting to ask for features that would let him resell the bot while marking it as not commercial. He had no profile picture or rating. But I didn't mind too much because a lot of people I worked with didn’t, and all of them went smoothly. I put countless hours into it, losing sleep over making sure the bot worked perfectly.

Then, when ready to deliver, he decided he wanted to back out. He claimed the bot didn't do what he wanted (it did). I told him when I deliver, he would have plenty of time to review and see that the bot works. He countered with asking for a refund after 20 days of hard work. He then spam-requested cancellation requests and reported it to Fiverr. Fiverr, in their infinite wisdom, refunded the buyer and put me in restricted mode.

I lost $800, and the scammer is free to go. I also have had all my gigs removed and my selling rankings removed. Now, I have to wait up to six months for them to review my account. This was from a spam report from a zero-rated buyer. I have zero confidence in Fiverr ever protecting me in the future.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

What is the reason fiverr gave you for banning your account? 

they said it violated something or other. the only thing I could think of reading all the terms and whatnot, is that they're saying that the bot the user requested violated a third-party site ToS. but that's just what I could think of. they took down every gig I had as well even unrelated.    

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Out of curiosity, was the buyer banned, too?

Not too my knowledge. Fiverr of course gives their dumb boiler plate answer. The fact i have to wait for a review of up to 90 days is simply insane as well. 

• Like 2