New Scam?

xullurx_ra

I'm a new user of Fiverr, and recently got what I thought to be a legitimate gig. After settling the details and sending over the offer packages the client sent this message ten minutes after agreeing to pay:

image.png.0b04c57bb57b0a0846e7eecb150857b9.png

caa1cd07-b74b-4ff0-a21e-2f14c16961164.webp.beb412b41a60d31f83f1cc64548e5c3a.webp

I've dealt with this two weeks ago with another scammer, with pretty much the same message about being unable to pay & the same misspelling of payment. But that one was asking me to go off-site (which I did not do), I'm super bummed because I thought I was getting a real gig :(. I'm not really sure how to go about this.

What do you think? Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That can happen, I've had clients with payment problems that sorted them out and moved forward with the project. Just tell them to contact cs and that they can help with any payment issues.

There's no way to get scammed from what you've posted - just be sure to not send over any work until the order is placed.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

6 hours ago, xullurx_ra said:

the same misspelling of payment.

Misspelling is because certain words would cause the message to be delayed until someone can check if it's an attempt to go outside of Fiverr. "pay" is one of those words, and every word including "pay", whether it's "payment" or "papaya".

Anyway, as @visualstudios said, payment problems can happen (some of my clients had them, too), just don't deliver anything until the order is actually placed.

• Like 3
  • Up 1